Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Account Manager Login - Verification Pin going to Account Owner Email
ECB86

Hello,

I am an account manager for my families Verizon Wireless account. However, when I attempt to login to the VZW account using the Account Manager credentials, I am asked to provide a Verification PIN number. That PIN number is sent to the Account Owner's email address. 

How is an account manager supposed to manage the account if they require the Account Owner to be available to provide the verification PIN number.

P.S: When writing this Post for the first time, I was asked to Login after clicking 'Post'. This caused my to lose everything that I had written after I was logged in...

0 Likes
Re: Account Manager Login - Verification Pin going to Account Owner Email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello ECB86! 

We know how important it is to be able to manage your account, and we want to help. The Secure PIN should typically go to whichever line is registered under your login. When you log into My Verizon, do you normally use a phone number or a username? 

-Michelle

0 Likes
ECB86

Hello Michelle,

I use a username to login.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want to make sure you can get logged in, ECB86! Have you been able to log in with your username and password before? Has the Account Owner added you as an Account Manager officially to grant you online access? This link has the details: http://spr.ly/6603KMRhf

0 Likes
ECB86

Yes,

I am able to login and manage the account. Here are the steps that enable me to do this

1. Navigate to https://secure.verizon.com/vzauth/UI/Login

2. Enter the Username / Password for my Account Manager User

3. The Verizon Website then asks to 'Select a verification option'. Which the only option I have is to send a verification code to the Account Owner's email address. 

ECB86_0-1643899220580.png

4. If I ask the Account Owner for the verification code, I am able to successfully login

My question is, how is an account manager suppose to login by themselves if the verification email is sent to the Account Owner?

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Did the main account owner have you officially designated an account manager by Verizon?  My husband is the main account holder and he has me designated as a manager so I can do things on the account.  Haven't done anything lately but I don't remember having to ask him to provide me with a pin or code.  I usually log into my number and take care of things.  Mary

ECB86

Yes, the account owner has designated my account as an Account Manager.

After I obtain the PIN from the account owner the 'My Profile' screen states that I am an account manager. (see below)

ECB86_0-1643908743389.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ECB86, thank you for sharing this information. From the screenshot you shared, are you able to update the email address to your personal email? 

The account will have an account-level email (Account Owner). However, you will be able to update the email address from your My Verizon account to be able to sign in or use it for verification purposes.

Please keep in mind that if you make an email or mobile number change it will take up to 30 days for the email/mobile number can be used for verification purposes.  -Sylvia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for getting back to us. You can register your account here: http://spr.ly/6603K3w7l Please let us know how this goes. -Rosie

0 Likes
ECB86

Thanks for your reply. 

When I click on the "Change email address" I am brought to the 'Contact & Billing' screen and the email address that is listed there is the correct email address for my Account Manager login. 

However, the Account Owner is still receiving emails with the verification code when I attempt to Login.

0 Likes