Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Account pin is locked...maybe?
mpb733

When I call Verizon, I am not asked for my pin. However, I hear the following message:

Sorry it looks like your account pin isn’t locked for some reason.

I have called Verizon and they seem unable to help at this point. They do not show the account pin as being locked at the moment. However, I have reset the account pin anyway. I still get the message when I call Verizon every time. The strange thing is, I am able to access my account with my password, so I do not see that anything is locked. What would happen if my account pin was actually locked? What would I be blocked from doing? What would you do to resolve that issue? I ask because I know there is something wrong with my account. I was trying to buy a new iPhone via the Apple website a couple days ago and ran into an error where the phone was being removed from my cart. After a few tries, a message appeared saying I had tried too many times and needed to wait 24 hours. I called Apple and Verizon and at that time, the Verizon representative was able to see the account pin was locked. After it was reset, everything supposedly looked ok but I still had to wait 24 hours to make the purchase. Now I’m in this situation where the phone system is telling me my account is locked and I still cannot purchase the phone, but Verizon says there is no lock anywhere and I don’t appear to be blocked from doing anything in my Verizon account directly.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes