Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Activating an iPad on Verizon to receive a $200 rebate scam
Loyal_Customer_NOMORE

Hello Verizon Customer Service,

I have been a Verizon customer for nearly 20 years and am having great difficulty getting anyone to explain to me why the promotion offered by Verizon for a 200$ Gift Card upon activating a new device and line is not being honored. Apple sent me the rebate information and I followed all instructions as required.

First of all, the promotion references vzw.com to complete an “application” that doesn’t exist to redeem said gift card, or you can supposedly use the “My Verizon App”… EHH, NOPE! Nothing there!!

After calling and speaking to several representives on 6/9/2021 I received an automated response saying the gift card was invalid today… reason - not purchased from a participating location. Ah, what?

The rebate form the person I finally spoke with on 6/9 who assisted me in filling out the $200 rebate promised me it was the correct rebate form even though I called out it stipulated 4g LTE ipads only.

After spending hours being connected to different people at Verizon who say they can help, then come up with an obstacle that requires them to transfer me, I get lost and disconnected after the 4th or 5th person.

If the $200 dollars isn’t quickly provided in a gift card, or account credit I’ll be taking all my 5G devices to another provider, I can’t reward this blatant unprofessional attitude towards honest and loyal customers with my business any longer.

-John

Below is the EXACT text, copy/pasted - for the rebate “offer” in question——

Activate with Verizon to get $200.

After receiving your new iPad, activate on any consumer postpaid data plan at verizon.com or on the MyVerizon App.

Within 30 days of activating your new iPad, complete the promotional application at vzw.com/myverizon or use the MyVerizon App. Within eight weeks of submitting your application, you'll receive a $200 Verizon e-gift card.

Re: Activating an iPad on Verizon to receive a $200 rebate scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We greatly value you as a long time Verizon Wireless customer and want to  help turn this situation around. I would like to catch up to speed to see how we can help remedy this situation. What is the reason specifically the rebate is not being honored, if you don't mind? I do know that offers can take a few bill cycles to  be completed or fulfilled. 

0 Likes
Loyal_Customer_NOMORE

First off, Thanks for the fast response, appreciate it.

”Invalid purchase location, not a participating location” is the reason.

rebate tracking number:

0 Likes
Loyal_Customer_NOMORE

Let me know if you need anything else to resolve this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

You're very welcome. I've sent you a Private Note & look forward to working with you.

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Loyal_Customer_NOMORE

I responded back granting you permission to review my account details days ago and have not heard back.

0 Likes
Loyal_Customer_NOMORE

3 weeks and no help from Verizon… sheesh

total SCAM!

JustinMcInvale

You'll usually get a quick response by using the chat feature on verizon's website.

That's what I've primarily used.

The forum here can take awhile and I'm sure sometimes the reps here have a lot of messages and may either not get to them all in a timely manner or some just get lost in the shuffle.

0 Likes
Loyal_Customer_NOMORE

The problem is even when I do connect to someone they insist they can help, gather lots of information - and then ALWAYS say there is nothing they can do without transferring me to someone better equipped to “handle” the situation.

Rinse and repeat that a dozen times and who would ever want to attempt to go through it again and again and again, with no actual help…

Re: Activating an iPad on Verizon to receive a $200 rebate
msubutters

I am having the same issue. They keep saying nothing was registered. Well I never got the follow up email to complete the registration process. This company is turning into a joke. 2 months later, I am out the rebate because the won’t help. I had a paid off iPad but because they offered a $200 rebate, I figured why not!? That was a joke. 

0 Likes