Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Adding a 11th line
Hagler55

I am hoping someone from verizon can help escalate this issue.  I am trying to add another line to my account which will be my 11th line which is over the 10 line limit for ordering new phones online.  I called customer service a week ago and was told it could be done through them once I knew what phone I wanted to buy.  They claimed to have noted my account.  I called back yesterday, a week later, and was on the phone for over an hour going through the process all over again.  I was transferred to tele sales department and was told they need to get managers approval.  I asked for them to call me back after it was done since I needed to head out to a doctors appointment.  Never got a return call so called again today and went through the process all over again.  Was told I needed to talk to the back end department and was transferred there twice and disconnected both times after spending 3 hours on the phone.  I am a long time verizon customer with never one missed or late payment.  I would think obtaining approval for an 11th line should be something I should qualify for.  VERIZON - Please help resolve my issue and escalate it to the appropriate channels as I can't seem to call and talk to anyone in customer services that has the right authorization level to complete my request.  

0 Likes
Re: Adding a 11th line
Tigerstep

There's no such thing as a "backend department". If you want more than 10 phone lines on the same bill, you need to open a business account.

0 Likes
Re: Adding a 11th line
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the details you've provided. I'd like to help provide some clarification. An account can have 10 phone or tablet lines and 20 connected devices. There isn't a way to make an exception. You should however be able to create a subaccount. https://www.verizon.com/business/support/basic-internet/manage-subaccounts/ - Carter

0 Likes