Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adding a new line
Larry1954

If I add anew line line to my account and decide in a few months to remove it, would I be subject to a cancellation fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Adding a new line
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You would be responsible for paying the remaining balance of the device payment agreement if you are paying for a phone purchase or the Early Termination Fee if the line is under contract.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Larry1954, we appreciate your interest in an additional line of service and want to ensure that you have the correct expectations in the event that you decide to pursue a disconnect. If the line of service has a device payment agreement, you would be responsible for the remaining balance of the agreement. However, if the additional line of service has a 2-year contract (such as a tablet or jetpack), you may be subject to an early termination fee. Let us know if this helps. 

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

In addition to the information Ann154​ has provided, if you add the new line of service in order to qualify for the BOGO offer Verizon currently has, you will stop receiving the monthly credit for the free phone once you cancel that line and pay off the device balance.

0 Likes