Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adding an Apple watch
Monique_Parker

As a long time Verizon customer, I am beyond upset over 2 different incidents.  My daughter wanted to add an Apple watch to our plan and due to us having an older plan we were told we could not add without changing our plan.  I don't understand if I'm willing to pay extra for a service why am I being refused service.  Yes, we have unlimited data and we pay for it and it is not the throttled down version so why would I change my plan to a plan with throttled data.  This is beyond acceptable

Labels (1)
Re: Adding an Apple watch
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Your older plan cannot add a line, and can’t work with numbershare, which is required to make connected devices like Apple Watch work.  (Even if you could add a line, are you really willing to pay $50 a month just for watch service?)

There are cases where people put new devices on their own plan and are still able to sync and connect with numbershare, so they claim.   It would still be expensive to add a current, separate plan.

Does your usage actually make keeping the old plan a necessity?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Monique. Parker, the Apple Watch is a great device, and we would love for you to receive this. Mama23Dogs is correct in saying that these devices are not compatible with older plans. You must migrate to a newer plan to activate this device on a Smartwatch Line access charge of $10.00. Have you had a chance to review our new plans and compare pricing? http://spr.ly/6580D4d4G

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your loyalty means the world to us, Monique.Parker. We would never want for you to make a change to your plan that you were not comfortable with. As the cellular service industry has evolved with connected devices such as watches an tablets, we have also updated plans and features to support these devices on our network. 

With that said, have you ever considered having another account level? This would make room for another phone for a family member and for connected devices such as watches or tablets.

Gina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lynnbship

I'm upset because Verizon three times prior to my purchase told me that I can add my watch for $10 and not change my grandfathered data plan.  After purchasing a $700 + Apple watch I visited Verizon Waynesville NC Store to add my watch; I was told it would change my grandfathered unlimited data.  I was upset and disappointed about the misinformation I was given prior to purchasing my watch.  I did not add my watch although I paid the extra money to be able to do so.

0 Likes
RGN

I purchased an Apple SE GPS/Cellular phone on December 12, 2021. Two weeks later, and honestly 14 hours on hold the watch has not yet been activated. 

Excuse after excuse, now I am told I have to RETURN the phone, buy a new one, and try again.

The incompetence is amazing. These dumb dumbs have robbed me of the pleasure of watching my son’s expression Christmas morning when he was supposed to open his Christmas gift. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes