Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Address information is invalid
WrongAddress

I tried to add a device to my account but discovered I couldn't login and add a device I had to shop, add the device to a cart and then fill out billing information, again. Problem here is I live in a rural area where they (USPS) do not deliver mail to my home (5 miles off paved road) so they assigned me a Post Office Box or PO Box. Verizon's programmers seem to be using the USPS database to verify addresses which is fine but because of that my address is make as non-deliverable, USPS marked it that way since they gave me a PO BOX. Verizon's programmers look at the non-deliverable field and flag the address as invalid. So here I am calling Verizon to get anything done since I can't purchase anything and I can't change my address in my account and Verizon's programmers are asleep at the wheel.

I feel so worthless, my address is not valid and they want me to submit a valid address but I have lived here 8 years, UPS, FedX, DHL all deliver here without an issue yet Verizon is disrespecting me.

Hope that wasn't over the top with the victim stuff....

Hey Verizon! Add a button to my Verizon home like "BUY MORE" and link stuff I put in the cart to my existing account, what is so hard about that?

The Question? How do I change my address? How do I get the shopping Cart to use my account information when shopping?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Address information is invalid
Ann154
Expert
Expert

The Verizon Plan is only plan type available for new postpaid accounts. The first landing page for that plan tells you the basics for pricing it. If you want to go deeper without logging into your MyVerizon account, you can either add IMEI/ESN numbers of your current phones or pick new phones at the retail price (I usually pick the least expensive ones) and ignore that part of the pricing breakdown. Then pick your plan and with the phones/devices picked you can see the line access fee amounts. It should be basic math from there.

Screenshot_20160702-082149.png

Screenshot_20160702-082156.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

Verizon does not contract with the USPS to deliver devices. This is done by FedEx. Verizon isn't the issue here. FedEx does not deliver to a PO Box. If this is the address you have billing you should select to delver to a different shipping address.

0 Likes
WrongAddress

Let me make this as clear as possible:

Verizon will NOT accept my Street Address, you know, the one where the physical house sits

FedX, UPS, DHL all deliver here, the county assigned my street address to me, I use it on my bank, credit card and right NOW you are shipping a SIM card to my Street address, the second SIM in 30 days since I used the first one in a JetPack and this one is for a Galaxy phone that I just purchased a plan for.

Why are you treating me like an idiot? I understand FedX, UPS, DHL are not dropping stuff off at the Post Office (actually they do during the winter when they can not get to my location but that is a local thing) and need someone to sign for the SIM.

The point I'm trying to make is your web based system is programmed to use the USPS database to verify street addresses and since I have been assigned a PO Box my street address is marked as non-deliverable, if my writing confused you on my previous post I'm sorry. Does Verizon support discriminating against rural residents?

Neither your store or your My Verizon accepts my street address yet it is a valid Box Elder County, Utah Address.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

Actually FedEx will ship to a PO Box if the SmartPost option is used. It uses a combination of FedEx and USPS to facilitate the routing process with USPS making the final delivery.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

Also is not a VZW employee so you should not assume the person replying to you on this peer to peer public forum is acting an official capacity for Verizon Wireless. They are not shipping the SIM card to you. Verizon is.

sprmankalel
Leader

Wow! Talk about jumping to conclusions. I don't work for Verizon.  I come here and read/respond to people's posts for free. I don't get paid for this.

It sounds like your issue is with the USPS since they marked your address undeliverable. Have them clear it in their system so that Verizon can verify that your address exists.

Either that or go to a store and get what you need.

WrongAddress

@sprmankalel sorry about the rant, I came from TracFone where the only people allowed to post are TracFone robots

The issue with the address is a disaster, USPS has forever marked addresses assigned PO Boxes as non-deliverable which makes sense since they don't want their Postmen to deliver mail to an address that has been give a box. What went wrong was private industry using the USPS database to validate addresses without understanding the data, to programmers invalid means invalid without the understanding of why, I know, I fought this issue while programming an application for the DOD.

I have tried to get USPS to issue usage guidelines but programmers all ready know everything......

I can only hope someone at Verizon ask their programmer why a street address is marked invalid yet all the delivery out fits can deliver to the invalid address.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Have you tried to update your SERVICE address with your street address and leave the BILLING address as the PO Box address in your MyVerizon account online? The two addresses can be different from each other.

0 Likes
WrongAddress

After I sign in I can edit my Contact information there is no Service or Billing, just Contact. I'm in the prepaid plan I guess it's different from the post-paid plan, kind if like all the links that don't function in my account since I don't have those features. I guess prepaid user just have to be reminded, constantly, that they are a lower class of users. Now that FedX has delivered my phone SIM I now have two of these address-less accounts to deal with but that is another issue.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Yes prepaid accounts are quite different in their features and options that available to use.

If you have two lines as prepaid, you might want to double check the monthly numbers and see if combining them into one postpaid account is less money per month. Granted you might have to wait 6 months if you just opened one of those accounts before you are allowed to convert the prepaid line to postpaid.

It would have been nice to know you were a prepaid account to begin with. The responses would have been very different.

0 Likes