Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: Advance Calling
Weth
Sr. Leader

You need it on To use internet while on phone call. Just leave it on all the time

0 Likes
ceeeejaay

That's the problem...even when its left on, the internet is not working during a call using mobile data and no wifi. The network setting has to be changed and the phone restarted.  I guess we will have to bring the phones into the store.

Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ceeeejaay,

We thank you so much for reaching out to us here. We certainly appreciate all your time & effort in troubleshooting this. With Advanced calling, you don’t have to keep turning it on & off each time you want to use it. Please do let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. We’re always here to help!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ceeeejaay

Please read my above comment.  When we keep it on, the mobile data still does not work when the next phone call comes in and trying to use the internet.  You are saying it should stay on but its not.

0 Likes
gd57

Just got latest and greatest Droid Turbo 2 and find out that talking on the phone and surfing on the web and are impossible unless advance calling is enabled. When advanced calling is enabled, the call quality is so poor that this feature is not usable. I cannot believe that Verizon has to rush this feature to market and make the customer wait for improvements to be able to use it. My 2012 Droid Razr could handle data and voice at the same time easily!  Yet, my brand new phone took a leap backwards in technology! Stupid!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

gd57,

Oh no! This is certainly not the experience we want any of our customers to have. Making sure you have the best of the best of all the features of your new phone is our number one goal. What Zip Code are you in? What exactly happens when you have the Advanced Calling on & you are on a call? Can you explain a little bit more?

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gd57

My zip code is 46236. Indianapolis,IN. Not like I am out in the sticks. I have made 2 phone calls to technical support and they have done some troubleshooting and came up with one thing. "Obviously, your signal is not as strong as it should be and improvements in the system will be made". Thats not acceptable to ask the customer to wait for the quality service to be eventually upgraded. And, how long will that be.....6 months...a year?? Meanwhile I am getting 1989 cell service quality.  It is very irritating to know that Verizon obviously brought this technology out before it was perfected. Makes me want to look for another carrier after 18 years !!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We do not want to see you leave our family gd57.Your longtime loyalty means the world to us. I have sent you a private message to assist further.
RosanneMM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct A� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gd57

I have replied to your personal message 2 days ago and no one has followed up.  How much are you interested in taking care of this problem?

0 Likes