Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
*Advice For Whiners and Complainers*
shotgunanybody

First off, I've been with Verizon since the 15th of last month. I ported over from T-mobile and I was with them for over 5 years. Since joining Verizon I've encountered a variety of obstacles ranging from poor customer service, features online that won't activate despite the fact that I'm paying for them, lying reps etc. Needless to say, the list goes on. So far, I've been utilizing this community forum and Verizon's forum on reddit to research answers to problems, find solutions and get opinions. 

I felt obligated to make a post on this forum though after seeing all of the whining and complaining in an effort to point out somethings that will help alleviate customer problems moving forward. 

1) Read the fine print. It amazes me how many people take advantage of promo's without reading the fine print and then complain to Verizon when they aren't given the promo gift wrapped in gold and fairy dust. Holy garbage people, read the fine dang print, take a screenshot to cover your butt down the road and stop blaming people for your own inability to read.

2) If a customer service representative can't help you, find someone else. Don't get me wrong, I've encountered some down-right stupid, inconsiderate mofo's in Verizon's customer service team. You know what though? I've also encountered some really nice ones. If you have trouble with calling customer support, use Verizon's Facebook support chat. Did you know they have one? They do and they've been much more helpful with some issues than others. At the end of the day, though it is Verizon's responsibility to hire and train reps who are respectful and decent, people are people. If you encounter a bad apple, hang up and find another, there are nice ones out there.

3) "Verizon's service is terrible, I've been with them for over 20 years, Why does nobody love me? blah blah". Solution? Leave them and find another carrier. I'm sorry to break it to you sweetheart but Verizon doesn't care. Do you think At&T and T-Mobile would to care if you left them? Well sure they just lost a paying customer, but hey its life and they know that. If you don't like the service your paying for, find someone else. I will say though, the grass ALWAYS looks greener on the other side. I came from T-Mobile and LEFT because the service where I live, Austin TX is riddled with poor signal quality (over -110 dBm) most of the time, tons of empty pockets of unusable data service and oh man, forget about the rural areas in TX. What did I do? Did cry myself to sleep and complain on a forum? No. I left and switched to a carrier that worked for me. Grow up people and stop whining like little babies.  

This is the way.

Tags (2)
0 Likes