Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
After 14 years I think its time to ditch Verizon
jmustico

Just had a horrendous experience at the Verizon store located at: 1208 Galleria Blvd Ste 130, Roseville, CA 95678.

I went into the store to replace my iPhone. My phone unfortunately suffered water damage yesterday when I jumped in the pool to save my 7 yo daughter and her friend. My daughter can swim, but they fell off the float they were on and her friend was using my daughter to keep her head above water. Long story short my phone was in my pocket. I might add that this is an iPhone 7 which is supposed to be water proof up to 1 meter deep for 30 minutes. The phone was no deeper than a foot or two and was submerged for maybe 2 minutes.

My phone turns on but says it needs to be connected to a Mac for update/restore, I've attempted this and unfortunately have been receiving error codes. I was pleasantly surprised when a store associate, James, told me he could get me a $700 trade in all I needed to do was turn the find my phone feature off via my Mac. After successfully disabling find my phone I went back to the store to purchase the iPhone mini 12 I had previously picked out. This time a new associate was helping, Bryan. Bryan told me that "they" messed up up, I would now only be receiving $350 for my phone. Not cool. 

I asked to speak to the manager, Charles. Charles came out and I told him what happened. I mentioned being a Verizon customer for over 14 years. Charles claimed there was nothing he could do for me. I stated I guess I won't be a Verizon customer anymore and he said "okay." Did not care one bit about my loyalty or retention. I'll be reaching out to T-mobile, AT&T, and Xfinity tomorrow.

Unacceptable customer service.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: After 14 years I think its time to ditch Verizon
Tigerstep

You can get a non water damaged iPhone 7 for much less than $300 on eBay. To even get $300 is much more than that phone is worth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: After 14 years I think its time to ditch Verizon
Tigerstep

You can get a non water damaged iPhone 7 for much less than $300 on eBay. To even get $300 is much more than that phone is worth.

View solution in original post

0 Likes