Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Agreement Not Honored
Wisger

In February, we spoke with a Verizon representative at the Florida Strawberry Festival - he offered us a deal we couldn't refuse - unlimited data access and a new phone for just $5 more per month. He said that he had access to offers and discounts that the Verizon store didn't have. We accepted the offer in good faith. Since then, Verizon has chosen not to honor the agreement. They are charging us much more than what was promised. We are retired on a fixed income and had not budgeted that much for our phone bill. My husband tried to reason with the call center personnel - either give us what was promised or give him his old phone back (we traded it in) and put us back on the old plan at the same price. I don't think that is unreasonable. Instead, we've been offered several different scenarios that, in one way or another, cost us more money. The supervisor that we spoke with at the end said she'd get him his old phone back within 7 days. I'll believe that when I see it. I've always felt like I was talking to a used car salesman when dealing with Verizon but I've stayed with them for years because of the coverage. This, however, is the last straw.

0 Likes
Re: Agreement Not Honored
Wisger

Any suggestions for escalating this issue? I've spoken with customer service at the 800 number and through Facebook to no avail.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

It was more likely a third party retailer and not a direct Verizon Wireless employee that had the booth at the festival. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CE10

Oh, I am there with you! I would put used car salesmen and lawyers way above a Verizon rep!  After over four months, I still cannot get Verizon to honor their promotions and rebates to me and I get the same old run around.  Ever think about a class action lawsuit?  
I have wasted days and days on this problems and if I charged my billable hourly rate, a Verizon would owe me thousands.

They will never listen until enough people say, “No!”  

One rep kept me on private message on this site for hours today; promised the moon; and delivered nothing.  Enough is enough.

First of all, I am going to contact our local help contact at the news station in Atlanta.  I have used them before and they were great help and they televise the wrong doings without exception to the source.  Verizon is nothing in Atlanta; AT&T is king here.

Finally, publicity of their (Verizon’s) actions (all documented with dates and billing cycles) to inquire just how many people could be involved.

I will not ever believe a word they say again!  Last day of mine to be wasted!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry to learn that you have contacted us before and your concerns were not fully resolved, CE10. You mention that promotions/rebates were not honored. What specific reason was provided for the ineligibility of promotions/rebates?

Did you have a chance to review this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/device-rebate-faqs/) for details about rebate promotions?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes