Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annoying Thank You Text Messages from Verizon
ROGNIB53

I am among the throngs of people who receive annoying text and email messages from Verizon thanking me for my payment. I am not totally convinced that these messages come from the bottom of their heart (egregious understatement). At the same time, I wondered why they don't put their supposedly high tech people to work on stopping the annoying spam calls where I get to listen to [Removed] asking me if I would be interested in buying life insurance or claiming to be from the IRS and calling regarding my delinquent tax account. I recently learned why these these two equally irritating occurrences are not likely to stop any time soon. It seems as though companies such as Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. receive part of their revenue based on the number of calls made through their circuits. It's easy to generate the millions of robo thank you text messages (same as a phone call). The return text feature on those calls are turned off to prevent profanity from being boomeranged back to them in order to deter any damage to their [Removed] . Verizon claims to be soooo against profanity. At this point, given the reward system, Verizon is not motivated in the slightest to prevent customers from receiving these spam thank you texts or chirpy spam phone calls. But on the bright side, each thank you text reminds me that I am one month closer to the end of my contract. Phone carriers are becoming increasingly more competitive.  Maybe I can find a carrier that does not have the same inclinations as Verizon. I'm searching.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Annoying Thank You Text Messages from Verizon
sprmankalel
Leader

Good luck!

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

You can change your communication preferences through your MyVerizon account online including how you are informed about payments received.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ROGNIB53

Unfortunately I tried that on two billing cycles and I still get the double thank you messages. Apparently Verizon is overriding that feature. Most likely, there is no way to stop this from happening. I can spam the Verizon email, so at least cut the annoyance in half. Most likely that is the best that can be done for the time being.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

First world problems.

A text and email confirmation of your payment being processed. At least you have acknowledgement that it was received by Verizon Wireless.

The bank that holds my new auto loan DOESN'T give me this and I don't like it. How annoying can it REALLY be?

Ann154
Expert
Expert

I only get one email when I make a on-demand payment. If I schedule it, I have gotten the email and a text message. Maybe how you choose to make the payment makes a difference.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ROGNIB53

That might be a factor. I have it paid by autopay each month, so really do not want any notification as I always know how much is coming out and the date it will be taken out. Because Verizon provides a way for the customer to opt out of the thank you emails and texts (recall, I get both withing hours of each other), then they should do what they say they claim they will do.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

sprmankalel wrote:

First world problems.

+1

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important that you receive the correct alerts that you have setup,  ROGNIB53. What information is included in the messages are you receiving each month? Where are you receiving duplicate messages?

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROGNIB53

My bill is paid through autopay near the end of each month. I first receive an email notifying and thanking me that that the bill was paid. At about the same time, I receive a text message from 90007008000 telling me the same thing. I was very careful to be certain that I do not want to receive either an email or text thank you or notification message. I did this for two billing cycles. I also opted out of any Verizon promotion texts, but unfortunately, I still receive them. It is obvious that your system is overriding the customer requests that you set them up to opt out of. I simply cannot see how this is helping your customer relations. I also do not believe that this is only happening to me.

At this point, I do not see this as changing. I can easily block the Verizon email and will try the blocking feature on the text messages, but without a phone number I don't know if I can be successful at that. Doing the usual stop procedures on the text messages has also proven to be unsuccessful. No use trying to fight City Hall, eh?

[Removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes