Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Another Day, more frustation
mkoneya

I am simply trying to change my plan, and on Twitter it was a total mess.    Never could get on the same page.   

So I tried chat.    Same story.   

I have one smart phone and one basic phone that are currently on an old shared plan.   All I am trying to do is put my smart phone on the Get Unlimited and the basic on a prepaid plan.     Each time I explain this, they tell me it can be done, but then try and sell me data plans for both.       

Who can help me make this switch?     I am beyond exasperated 

Here is the full transcript from yesterday's twitter nightmare.

ME

I'm interested in the iPhone 12 pre-order and have submitted my email.  It looks like there will be some good Verizon offers based on the apple website. Is my current plan compatible if I do get an iPhone 12?

Tue 5:53 PM

VZW

Hey, Mele. I am so excited for the iPhone 12 as well! I keep checking the website and our promotions to stay updated. It's my pleasure to make sure your plan is compatible with a new smartphone. Let's gain access to your account. Please make sure you are currently signed out of My Verizon, then continue with the link below.

Tue 5:57 PM

ME

I have two phones on my account.  One is my smartphone which I use a lot and the other is a flip phone for my mother.   She only used the voice features on.   No texting.    Saving money would be best.

Tue 6:16 PM

VZW

That information is helpful. Let me ask you a few extra questions to make sure I find you the best fit. Do you use Mobile Hotspot? Do you already use Hulu, ESPN+, or Apple Music? *ACA

Tue 6:22 PM

If you are looking for a simple unlimited plan, our best option is Start Unlimited. If you are a more visual person, this link will help https://verizon.com/plans/unlimited/ . Do you have any questions about these options? The good news is that your current plan is compatible with any new phone. If there are promotions you are looking to take advantage of, there may be a plan requirement. Does this information help? *ACA

Yesterday, 6:29 AM

Mele, with Auto Pay, on the Play More Unlimited it is $140 without Taxes since we can't calculate that off hand, the device payment depends on what GB you wanted for your iPhone 12.*AT

Yesterday, 6:39 AM

ME

Thanks.  I only have one device using data so in the past I paid less for the other one only using voice.   This looks like I am pay 70 per line even though one line never uses any of the features.   What about one line at 80 and the other at BASIC PHONE LINE ACCESS$20.00 as you were billing before.  This makes more sense and is less.   $100 without taxes with the Play More unlimited plan and basic phone line access.   That is what I would like.

Yesterday, 6:52 AM

ME

I understand. In order to do that however, each device would have be on a different type of plan. One is shared data and the other would be on an individual line plan. These are not compatible and can not be done. However, you could put the device that does not need all the features on the Start Unlimited.  *DRL

Yesterday, 7:00 AM

I don't understand at all.  So I can't get Play More Unlimited with one device?   I have to have two?   We are not sharing any data on my current plan.  It may say it is a shared data plan but we are not sharing any.  My mom has a flip phone and only uses voice.   What would be the charge for my phone on Play More Unlimited and hers with voice only?   I don't understand why that can't be done.

Yesterday, 7:13 AM

VZW

Okay, Mele. I want to better explain this so that there is no confusion. You are currently on the New Verizon Plan Unlimited. This is considered a Shared Plan because it blankets the whole account and the data can be shared amongst each line. Even if one line uses absolutely no data, it is still a shared plan. This plan is billed as an account charge, and each line pays $20 to access the data and features from the plan. This is why have a $20 line access charge, With our new unlimited plans, each line has its own plan in which there is no shared data and each line is charged individually (still on the same bill) for the full price of the plan. However, if you do not wish to pay for your mother to have data, if she isn't going to use it, we can put her on a Sub Account so that she may still choose a plan closer to her needs. Does this sound like something you would be interested in? Do you want more information on what a Sub Account is? *DRL

Yesterday, 7:45 AM

ME

Yes.  That sounds like what is needed.  Please do provide more info on a sub account but this sounds like a better option. The price?  Thank you for the clarification

Yesterday, 8:09 AM

VZW

Of course, Mele. A sub account is basically an extension of your own accout. The account owner would remain the same for both the main and sub account however, the Sub Account is billed separately. You can choose to have the bill for the sub account sent to you, your mother, or go paperless. Your mother can be added as an Account Manager as well so that she can access and make changes to her account if wanted. Overall everything functions the same. The only difference is that the lines are not linked to each other so each can be on whatever plan you see fit. In addition, the Sub Account number would be the same as your current one, however instead of ending in 00001, it would be 00002. Does this information make sense?  *DRL

Yesterday, 8:42 AM

ME

I get it now.  Thanks.  I would like her's to be paperless like mine.  I'll keep paying for it online.  So what would my plan cost and what would hers cost?  This sounds like the way to go for what we have.

Yesterday, 8:52 AM

VZW

I understand that you want the Play More Plan correct? We can discuss what plan you want for your mother. What needs does her wireless plan need to meet. *DRL

Yesterday, 9:23 AM

ME

That is correct for me.  Play more unlimited.  For my mom, all she does with her phone is talk. Nothing else.  She has a basic phone.  Simplest plan possible for her

Yesterday, 9:40 AM

VZW

Have you thought about moving her to a Prepaid account instead? You can do month by month service. We also have a plan with no data.  *DRL

Yesterday, 10:20 AM

ME

Tell me more.  Hadn't considered it.  Looks like for 35 she gets unlimited talk and text, correct?

Yesterday, 10:30 AM

VZW

You are absolutely correct. If you sign up for AutoPay, it would only be $30 *DRL

Yesterday, 10:52 AM

ME

Cool.  I think we're close to switching, but first what would my bill be for the Play More Unlimited be?

Yesterday, 11:09 AM

VZW

Based on your account now with two lines, if both lines are switched to the Playmore Unlimited plan, it would a $40.00 increase. If one line is switched to Playmore Unlimited and the other is switched to the Start Unlimited which is the lowest tier unlimited plan we can offer with this switch, it would be a $30.00 increase.

*MXB

Yesterday, 11:19 AM

ME

Totally confused again.. What happened to the prepaid for my mom at 30 and Playmore unlimited for me at 80?  I keep saying she does not need a data plan.  I would have the two accounts suggested an hour ago.

Yesterday, 11:29 AM

VZW

Okay, so you plan on creating a Prepaid account for your mom separately? *MCB

Yesterday, 11:31 AM

ME

That is what I thought we were discussing and you'd set it up for me.  What happened?

Yesterday, 11:38 AM

VZW

In order to set up service correctly for your mother, she would need a compatible phone and SIM Card for that account type. I would recommend contacting our Sales team at 800-256-4646. *HS

Yesterday, 12:09 PM

ME

She has a phone.  It's already on Verizon.  I've been with you guys forever.  Can't understand why every time I ask for help it ends up being frustrating.

Yesterday, 12:35 PM

VZW

The goal here isn't to frustrate you, Mele. I want to make sure you are set up for success. I understand your mother has a phone with us. I'd be happy to check the IMEI to ensure its compatibility on that plan type. Please, provide me the IMEI number to her phone. *HS

Yesterday, 12:42 PM

ME

She is in Michigan.  I am in AZ.   Her phone is VZW LG EXALT VN220.    If we can't do prepaid what are the other options for her phone that is on Verizon?     I am not sure why I was lead down this path when you didn't have the info.   Frustrating.

Yesterday, 1:11 PM

VZW

Rest assured, we are committed to getting the best resolution possible. Your options are to move your mother's line to a prepaid account, move both lines to an unlimited plan, or move your mother's line to a sub account while moving your plan to an unlimited plan/ Does this make sense? *EJC

Yesterday, 1:50 PM

ME

it makes sense but we are going in circles. Please read all the messages in this thread. I was told that a prepaid was worth looking at for 30 monthly.  My phone would be on Play More Unlimited for 80

Yesterday, 2:11 PM

ME

Whatever the lowest priced option.

Yesterday, 2:16 PM

VZW

Would you like to go over the Prepaid plan options we have available for your mother?

*GMM

Yesterday, 2:21 PM

ME

We already did that 3.5 hours ago.  Please read the full thread.

Yesterday, 2:22 PM

VZW

Based off the previous plans discussed, did you want to continue with a Prepaid plan for your mom and the Play More Unlimited plan for you?

*GMM

Yesterday, 2:48 PM

ME

Yes.  That is where I thought we were headed hours ago. Please give me the cost of each so I can know the new amount I will be paying.  I know they will be separate accounts so tell me the cost of each.

Yesterday, 3:07 PM

VZW

Going through this thread you were advised the Prepaid plan would cost $30.00. As for the Play More Unlimited plan it would be $80.00, or $90.00 without the AutoPay discount. This will only be for the unlimited plan, not your Device Payments for the iPhone 12. Do you know which storage capacity you would prefer?

*GMM

Yesterday, 3:13 PM

ME

Yes.  That is what I was hoping to see as the changes.  As for the phone,  it looks like Apple will have a deal with Verizon on Friday. I want an iPhone 12 Pro. 256GB in graphite st this price from Apple or better. If i have to wait to order from apple, I will but we can get the plans changed now

Yesterday, 4:01 PM

VZW

So then you are looking to move to Postpaid? *PXC

Yesterday, 4:27 PM

ME

No idea what that means.  I give up.  This is exhausting and frustrating.  I want the best price on the phone.  This is what Apple is showing with Verizon https://apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-12-pro.   I don't see postpaid anywhere in there

What is the monthly price direct from Verizon?  I just want the lowest

Yesterday, 4:53 PM

VZW

I appologize, I seem to have misread the thread. Based on everything previously discussed you are looking to purchase the device, correct? *PXC

Yesterday, 5:16 PM

ME

Buy it via the payments in the link I sent you or from Verizon if it is cheaper.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-12-pro

Yesterday, 5:26 PM

VZW

You can view all our promotions from the website. If you prefer to purchase the device from Apple, then you are more than welcome to. *PXC

Yesterday, 5:38 PM

ME

I have been to website.  I don't see the others.  Can you send a link?  Have I done something that is making this as difficult and frustrating?

Yesterday, 5:58 PM

VZW

The link below will take you to our website, so you can look over all our promotions. https://verizon.com/deals/ *PXC

Yesterday, 6:07 PM

ME

No iPhone 12 Pro at this link

Yesterday, 6:48 PM

VZW

Then there are currently not promotions for that device. That link above provides you with all our promotions. *PXC

Yesterday, 6:51 PM

Have you thought about moving her to a Prepaid account instead? You can do month by month service. We also have a plan with no data.  *DRL

Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Tell me more.  Hadn't considered it.  Looks like for 35 she gets unlimited talk and text, correct?

Yesterday, 10:30 AM

You are absolutely correct. If you sign up for AutoPay, it would only be $30 *DRL

Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Cool.  I think we're close to switching, but first what would my bill be for the Play More Unlimited be?

Yesterday, 11:09 AMBased on your account now with two lines, if both lines are switched to the Playmore Unlimited plan, it would a $40.00 increase. If one line is switched to Playmore Unlimited and the other is switched to the Start Unlimited which is the lowest tier unlimited plan we can offer with this switch, it would be a $30.00 increase.

*MXB

Yesterday, 11:19 AM

Totally confused again.. What happened to the prepaid for my mom at 30 and Playmore unlimited for me at 80?  I keep saying she does not need a data plan.  I would have the two accounts suggested an hour ago.

Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Okay, so you plan on creating a Prepaid account for your mom separately? *MCB

Yesterday, 11:31 AM

That is what I thought we were discussing and you'd set it up for me.  What happened?

Yesterday, 11:38 AM

In order to set up service correctly for your mother, she would need a compatible phone and SIM Card for that account type. I would recommend contacting our Sales team at 800-256-4646. *HS

Yesterday, 12:09 PM

She has a phone.  It's already on Verizon.  I've been with you guys forever.  Can't understand why every time I ask for help it ends up being frustrating.

Yesterday, 12:35 PM

The goal here isn't to frustrate you, Mele. I want to make sure you are set up for success. I understand your mother has a phone with us. I'd be happy to check the IMEI to ensure its compatibility on that plan type. Please, provide me the IMEI number to her phone. *HS

Yesterday, 12:42 PM

She is in Michigan.  I am in AZ.   Her phone is VZW LG EXALT VN220.    If we can't do prepaid what are the other options for her phone that is on Verizon?     I am not sure why I was lead down this path when you didn't have the info.   Frustrating.

Yesterday, 1:11 PM

Rest assured, we are committed to getting the best resolution possible. Your options are to move your mother's line to a prepaid account, move both lines to an unlimited plan, or move your mother's line to a sub account while moving your plan to an unlimited plan/ Does this make sense? *EJC

Yesterday, 1:50 PM

it makes sense but we are going in circles. Please read all the messages in this thread. I was told that a prepaid was worth looking at for 30 monthly.  My phone would be on Play More Unlimited for 80

Yesterday, 2:11 PM

Whatever the lowest priced option.

Yesterday, 2:16 PM

Would you like to go over the Prepaid plan options we have available for your mother?

*GMM

Yesterday, 2:21 PM

We already did that 3.5 hours ago.  Please read the full thread.

Yesterday, 2:22 PM

Based off the previous plans discussed, did you want to continue with a Prepaid plan for your mom and the Play More Unlimited plan for you?

*GMM

Yesterday, 2:48 PM

Yes.  That is where I thought we were headed hours ago. Please give me the cost of each so I can know the new amount I will be paying.  I know they will be separate accounts so tell me the cost of each.

Yesterday, 3:07 PM

Going through this thread you were advised the Prepaid plan would cost $30.00. As for the Play More Unlimited plan it would be $80.00, or $90.00 without the AutoPay discount. This will only be for the unlimited plan, not your Device Payments for the iPhone 12. Do you know which storage capacity you would prefer?

*GMM

Yesterday, 3:13 PM

Yes.  That is what I was hoping to see as the changes.  As for the phone,  it looks like Apple will have a deal with Verizon on Friday. I want an iPhone 12 Pro. 256GB in graphite st this price from Apple or better. If i have to wait to order from apple, I will but we can get the plans changed now

Yesterday, 4:01 PM

So then you are looking to move to Postpaid? *PXC

Yesterday, 4:27 PM

No idea what that means.  I give up.  This is exhausting and frustrating.  I want the best price on the phone.  This is what Apple is showing with Verizon https://apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-12-pro.   I don't see postpaid anywhere in there

What is the monthly price direct from Verizon?  I just want the lowest

Yesterday, 4:53 PM

I appologize, I seem to have misread the thread. Based on everything previously discussed you are looking to purchase the device, correct? *PXC

Yesterday, 5:16 PM

Buy it via the payments in the link I sent you or from Verizon if it is cheaper.

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-12-pro

Yesterday, 5:26 PM

You can view all our promotions from the website. If you prefer to purchase the device from Apple, then you are more than welcome to. *PXC

Yesterday, 5:38 PM

I have been to website.  I don't see the others.  Can you send a link?  Have I done something that is making this as difficult and frustrating?

Yesterday, 5:58 PM

The link below will take you to our website, so you can look over all our promotions. https://verizon.com/deals/ *PXC

Yesterday, 6:07 PM

No iPhone 12 Pro at this link

Yesterday, 6:48 PM

Then there are currently not promotions for that device. That link above provides you with all our promotions. *PXC

Yesterday, 6:51 PM

Oh man.    I am beyond frustrated.   You don't want to help me, I see.   What a run around.

Yesterday, 6:55 PM

0 Likes
Re: Another Day, more frustation
mkoneya

So finally this arduous journey of frustration ended on Friday and I got what I set out to get on Tuesday..    I called the number suggested and the person, of course, couldn't help, but transferred me to another group that wasn't work yet.   I got disconnected.    Called back to the number given 800-256-4646 and tried a different option this time.    That option sent me to a chat session.   The person who I chatted with said they could give me a mix and match plan that suited exactly what I wanted when I started this all on Tuesday.    Not sure why that option was never presented, but I guess that is just how it works.    You have to persist.    I am grateful I found this person who helped.

What happened to get to Friday?    This is my conversation from Thursday Night.

ME

I would like you to split up my current account as we had discussed yesterday. The 313 number goes to $35 prepaid ($30 with auto pay) account as was suggested. No Data plan. My number 602 goes on a new plan. I want the Get More Unlimited at $90 ($80 auto pay)for this single device. Both accounts would be auto pay by me. Thanks. Let me know how to complete this change. I'd like to wrap this up ASAP. Thanks

VZW

Do you currently have any active prepaid accounts or will it be transferring to a new account that will need to be set up? *KHS

ME

I only have the one account in my name. The prepaid will be new. Also in my name.

VZW

Mele, I can definitely help get the one number on the Get More Unlimited plan; however, the second number, as you are moving it to a Prepaid plan, we need to get our Telesales team involved to do the migration. Would you like to start the process with me tonight? *EC

ME

Yes, let's start the process. Get me on Get More and my mom on the prepaid plan. Both paid by me. Thanks

VZW

The best course of action would be to separate the number you will be moving off the account, and then do the plan change. This will avoid any charges from that line before it is moved to Prepaid service. Our Telesales team may be called at 800-256-4646. They will be able to get you set up with the separate service. *SRC

ME

I need to call them first?

VZW 

Thank you for the response, Mele. Please let us know if you have any other questions along the way. We will be here on standby. *AAG

ME

Switch that number to prepaid and then switch my plan to get more unlimited? I can do that. First thing tomorrow. After the 313 number is separated I can go online and change the plan for 602 number myself? This doesn't sound too complicated. Let me know if that is what I should do. Thanks

VZW

I thank you for the addtional information, Mele. The Get More Unlimtied plan is only available on Postpaid wireless. I would ask you to please contact our Telesales team to migrate your number to Prepaid service. Contact information is provided below.

ME

I get that. I will call tomorrow and switch my mom's 313 to prepaid. After that I'll change my current plan to Get more Unlimited. I do hope this works. It makes the most sense since I started asking.

VZW

I thank you for the response, Mele. We definitely know this will work for you, and I just want to remind you that we are here if you have any questions along the way. Is there any other information I can get you in the meantime? *AAG

ME

Not at this time. If this works as I want it to, you've made this easier than anyone to date. Wish me luck tomorrow and if successful I'll give you high marks.

0 Likes
Tigerstep

That's too much to read on mobile.

Basic phone on Start would be $60 with autopay with the smart phone on Play More at $70. This is $130. If you prefer not to autopay, add an extra $10 per line.

Basic phone on cheapest prepaid plan is $30. Play More for one phone is $80 -- prices include autopay. Prices without autopay would be $35 for the basic phone and $90 for the smartphone.

If you add a military, first responder, teacher, nurse or student discount, that takes an extra $25 off. 

If you don't qualify for the above discount, call Telesales and request a postpaid to prepaid migration for the basic phone. If you do qualify for the above, having the lines together would cost the same as splitting them.

0 Likes
plisken

that's not helpful

0 Likes