Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Another Financing Limit Thread
burningwitch

The main reason we went with vxrizon was to get the best service and the phones we want. Well we all know there are normal issues with service. Now we are hitting a financing limit wall that was specifically designed to make you as a customer feel absolutely helpless and out of control. You cannot pay off half your phone for early trade in and upgrade because those same phones you would be trading in would still be considered under my financing limit. Which essentially means anytime you want to upgrade something early, you need a finance limit of twice the value of the phone, if you intend to finance at all. The amount you’ve already paid on the phones also does NOT go toward and deduct the total amount financed by the phones. This internal system needs significant review if vxrizon intends to keep customers. This seems to be a prevalent issue after reading through another thread. There are many quality of life improvements that could be made to the system to make it feasible. If they want to give us finance limits, make them large enough to do something with, otherwise some people will literally not be able to get 2 phones on a two line account. Amounts paid toward your phone reduce the total amount financed which makes total sense. Allow trade in and early upgrade to exist so that when upgrading early and trading in, the amount financed by the phones you’re trading in would reduce the amount currently financed to allow you to actually use the finance amount to help finance the new phones. The way this system works makes no sense and needs to be overhauled. vxrizon is not here to be your friend or even to provide you great service (which they don’t). Being with vxrizon over 15 years and not one transaction has ever been straight forward. If you call to ensure a transaction will run smoothly, they may say yes but you better know the next day when you try to make that transaction, it will be different than the day before.

Re: Another Financing Limit Thread
Doggo
Novice

Buy your phones outside of Verizon or lower your expectations of getting expensive phones that cost the same as a used Civic.

burningwitch

You’re correct; just wish I was informed of shadiness explicitly.

0 Likes
customer333

I agree, still no changes with verzion system here in 2022. I just switched where there was no down payment, all I paid were the taxes. Same great offer, with $800 trade- in value. My initial complaint was that I had placed my order but my bank blocked it for fraud. I go back to complete the order and all of a sudden the down payment increased by $700. Customer service is so poor. They talk to you like you're incompetent, without ever understanding what you are saying to them. I kind of thank my bank, not only did I save money on an upgraded phone, I saved on my monthly plan switching to a different carrier. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh my, let's take a look at what's going on with this billing for you. Please send a Private Note. 

*Gen

0 Likes