Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anyone else having issues with the liars at Verizon?
Kukukachoo

I have not publicly complained about a company before, but I'm absolutely DISGUSTED and appalled at how many promises and lies Verizon have told me over the past 4 months.

What started as a happy partnership has resulted in throwing away hard-earned money and being treated utterly unfairly and feeling helpless in the process.

They're not true to their word, they don't keep detailed enough records of previous communications and they don't do their best to resolve issues, only to dig themselves out of holes.

Their staff are mostly unfeeling and cold. They read from a script and don't pay attention to you. YOU end up feeling like the customer service rep because being sickeningly sweet to them is the only way to receive any form of service.

An absolutely atrocious organization and a terrible way to treat customers.

Lied about my Edge Agreement, Lied about discount validity and lied about trying to reduce costs...They're just...LIARS!

They removed all promotions, told me they would produce my bill and bring it down and then directly after I received an email confirming a price change that was HIGHER than the original. Called them again and they took my bill back to it's original amount (So I'm right back to where I started).

Now I have a high phone bill with less usage and service...Wonderful!

I'm reporting them, but I'm sure that'll just get lost in a nice little trail of paperwork (Large companies are great at that). I will most likely have no choice but to helplessly hand these scheming liars my hard-earned cash for very little in return until my contract runs out.

This places a huge amount of unnecessary stress on the customer and shows me just how undervalued I am.

I hope that the big pigs at Verizon's crotches be infested with fleas and their arms be too short to scratch them!

Never again!

Labels (1)
Re: Anyone else having issues with the liars at Verizon?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
This is NOT the wireless experience that we want you to have Kukukachoo! Clearly, there's a wireless concern that warrants our immediate attention. We want you to have the value in wireless with us and enjoy all the discounts that you qualify for. If you can send us a private message then we can look into your account and share what options are available. We're looking forward to your reply.
ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Kukukachoo

I don't see the point in trying to find rhyme or reason with your service as all your company has done is lie to me and treat me like I don't matter. Why is repeating my situation going to change any of that? I'm just going to continue with my report and will do all I can to make sure that everyone I know stays as far away from Verizon as possible. 

I've been utterly disappointed and let down by the service and have tried and tried, only to be lied to and let down further and I'm done with trying.

Sincerely,

Lucy  

veryfrustrated0118

The greatest thing about the marketplace is that you DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT have to continue to use your Verizon service. You can always break your contract or Edge Agreement by paying what is outlined in the cancellation section and switching to a different carrier. There is no rule that says that you are bound to continue with service. And now there are carriers who will buy out your Edge agreement. You have a choice. Just remember to read what you are signing before you sign it.

Kukukachoo

Thank you for that information. I was aware of this. The company who offered to buy out are not offering much of a better deal and have terrible reviews, so I'm in discussions with AT&T who contract for my business and are compiling an offer. The fact remains that I wanted to stay with Verizon as it avoids the hassle of finding someone to buy out the remainder of my Edge Agreement and also means I have less to communicate on, but to no avail.

I signed up with Verizon when I first arrived in America and was under the impression that they provided reasonable service and good customer service...Wrong on both levels!

I will most likely go, but, rest assured, I won't go quietly!

I appreciate your answer above, but I'm leaving this as unanswered so that people can still participate and offer opinions.

Many thanks and have a great day.

0 Likes
veryfrustrated0118

You won't get any other answer different from mine. I can almost assure you of that.

Making a stink or not going quietly is going to just make it more stressful on yourself. Nobody else cares. I am not saying this to be mean but it is the truth.

I have been with VZW for 4 years now and have had no problems with my service, bill or customer service. I have been with T-Mobile and had nothing but problems. I switched to AT&T and when I upgraded a phone was not told about their upgrade fee until it hit my bill. This was back in 2009 or 2010 which was at least 2 years before VZW started charging an upgrade fee. I make it a point to know exactly what I am agreeing to before I sign something.

0 Likes
Kukukachoo

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, as am I.

I knew what I was signing (I've worked in the legal field for 10 years haha), which is why I'm so angry right now. Your response seems more condescending than helpful, I must say, but I understand where you are coming from.

I'll continue along my path and see where it leads. Hopefully to a resolution.

Cheers,

0 Likes
nuno2112

My phone bricked when it updated the OS.  It is useless, now.  I was told that a replacement phone would be sent out, Tuesday, via over-night FedEx delivery.  Today is Thursday and it has not arrived.  Additionally, when I went to the support chat option on the website, I was insulted by a remark made to me by the support tech.  My father has Alzheimer's and I cannot be without a working phone.  I informed the tech of this and asked for options while I waited for the replacement phone.  A remark was made by the support tech that was unprofessional and in my opinion, extremely inappropriate.

I submitted the request for a transcript of that chat session.  It was never received, either.

The only contact information on the Verizon website is a postal address that I can use to write a letter and send through regular mail or phone methods that I can use, if I had a working Verizon phone.  I have done searches to find people in leadership positions with whom to share my story.  I found two names and the information given contradicts itself.  I tried sending emails to both of them, anyway.  By all indications, the transmission was never sent through the site...a Verizon website.

I cannot help but share your opinion that Verizon does not make the effort to show a strong customer service focus, because they strictly limit the methods that one can contact them with issues.  I have been in contact with a few that I feel have truly tried to assist and have shown that they do care about me, as a customer.  However, these few have been the exception of what I am beginning to see as the culture of Verizon Wireless.

I wish you luck in your quest.

0 Likes
Kukukachoo

Ahhhh, the wonders of Verizon's 'Overnight Delivery' of new phones. I actually had a huge debacle with that. My phone was stolen from the Fed-Ex truck during transit! It took me two weeks (along with me calling both Verizon, FedEx and the shipping department who 'lost' the phone) before Verizon would resolve the case and send me out a new one...

I hope your phone issue is resolved, but stay on top of them! In my experience, it's the only way to get anything out of them.

I am truly disgusted at how many other customers have had the same issue. Funny how Verizon responded with a very pleasant written response, on my public post, but when I replied calling them out on it, they have done nothing...

Basically, same sh*t, different day. They're still liars, still thieves and still don't care.

I wish you the best of luck as well, my friend.

Thanks for your input!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support
Your wireless happiness is a top priority to us Kukukachoo! Have you had a chance to send us a private message yet? If not then I would like to encourage you to do so as we are eager to customize a solution for you.
ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes