Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apparently Verizon does not want to sell me a phone
StevenErnest

This Saturday I spent an hour in a Verizon store... I was ready to buy a phone, a Samsung Galaxy A02s, the only one they'll sell to a pre-paid plan... BUT:
After an hour, the salesman, after a call, said they'll only sell it to a NEW pre-paid customer.... NOT to someone who has been with them since 2015... i.e., Me.

I asked, what if I close and open a NEW account?  But then I'd have to get a new phone number... I guess Verizon just don't want my money...

The sales guy was nice... in that I spent most of the time picking his brain and asking questions...  But why didn't he know IN ADVANCE that he couldn't even sell me the friggin' phone I was looking at??  

So now I'll have to buy it from Best Buy or Walmart... Unlocked.

I'm not going to buy a $1000 to $1200 phone, which are the only other Android phones they had available.

So, I will not be buying my next Android phone from Verizon.
In fact, I may switch my carrier to T-Mobile, as Verizon has soured me on their service.
I called customer service and the gal was unable to resolve this.  I pushed her, and she said she'd forward it to her supervisor, and email me back.  I have heard nothing.  I suppose it's time to give up on Verizon, eh?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Apparently Verizon does not want to sell me a phone
acraftylady2
StevenErnest

And still no reply from a Verizon representative.
That speaks volumes.
They don't care.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Probably because there is nothing they can do for you.

0 Likes
StevenErnest

I find figuring out cell phones and carriers confusing.  That's why I thought it would be easiest for me to buy my next phone from my carrier...  I want to keep the same phone number... I have to use the sim card, if I can, there are 3 sizes...  I find it very confusing.
But as I said, Verizon doesn't even want to sell me a phone.
I do appreciate your several replies, and thank you most kindly.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

I don't know about prepaid but post paid unlocked or not you can keep your number no problem.  I would think you could on prepaid too.  My son is on our post paid account and went from a verizon branded phone to an unlocked Samsung I bought him and his number stayed the same.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, StevenErnest. We are sorry to hear about this issue you had with purchasing the phone. Did the Samsung Galaxy A02s have a promotion you were trying to get? *Cassie

acraftylady2

Why can't you just buy the phone else where?  I never buy directly from verizon anymore. 

0 Likes
StevenErnest

Hi, Cassie:
No, I did not come in for any special promotion -- I have just read good reviews and word of mouth on Samsung phones.

I am looking for a phone in the $100 to low $200 range.
The A02s was the ONLY phone for sale in the Verizon store in that range.  As I said, the only other Android phones they had were $1000 to $1200.
The Verizon salesman said the A02s was $130 + $20 for setup = $150 total.

Maybe it's because of the pandemic, but there has been a very small selection of phones in various stores.   I'm only talking about Android phones, as I'm not looking to switch to iPhone, although the later have the largest selection.

Walmart had a couple models.  Best Buy's display was terrible -- a Geek Squad Associate said that Verizon runs the display in their stores.

0 Likes
acraftylady2

LG is out of the phone business so could be why lack of phones.  We had faulty charging port issues on our LG G6's.  Thankfully they had a 2yr LG warranty so were fixed for free.  Last year decided to get new and went with Samsung note 10 plus and don't regret it.  Use my phone for everything so wanted a lot of app storage and other features and love it.  If you only use a phone for calling and texting then simple and cheap is better.  Can understand your frustration is you dobt need a high end phone.  Confused though you said $150, did they not have it in stock?  Why wouldn't they sell it to you?