Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Apple Music thu Verizon NIGHTMARE
AndyO2

I got a new phone (iphone 12Max Pro) and a new plan (Get More Unlimited 5G) which includes Apple Music.  I cannot get Apple Music to work.  Account overview shows that I'm enrolled with Apple Music.  Go to play music and it won't work.  Countless other posts on here with the same problem.  Seems like Verizon should pay attention and fix this?  Chat support is useless and a huge waste of my time, which is infuriating.  Today's chat rep says its an Apple issue.  Called Apple.  No, they said its Verizon.  Back and forth.  Uninstall app.  Reinstall.  Etc etc and on and on.  Apple Music just will not work thru this plan that I'm paying for and Verizon chat support is NO HELP with getting it to work!

0 Likes
Re: Apple Music thu Verizon NIGHTMARE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, AndyO2. Apple Music is a great feature, so I understand your concern when it doesn't work as expected. We're here to help. What happens when you try using Apple Music? Do other apps work normally?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
AndyO2

The nightmare was more about VZW support, chat being the only option these days.  What a colossal waste of time.  I finally got Apple Music to work, it was an issue with using a different Apple id, but I had to figure it out on my own.  Chat support took forever and gave me zero useful info.  I ended up having to use an older Apple id that I didn't want to use and don't know why I had to use that one, thanks Verizon for being difficult about it, but that's how it is.  So, the thing works, but not the way I'd like it to.  Such is life.  Thanks for asking about the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Your feedback is vital, It's what we use to continuously improve our services and customer experiences. Thank you for taking the time to give this information to us. We will ensure it gets uplifted through the proper channels. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Verizon provides the subscription, that's literally their only involvement. The rest of Apple music is tied to your Apple ID which is 100% on Apple.

Verizon support is going to bad because it isn't their service nor would they have any access to it.  If I were to go to a mall, yes the companies are under the same building, but I wouldn't expect Panda Express to help me with a Gap purchase.

0 Likes
AndyO2

Yes, I'm aware.  The Apple ID I choose to use shouldn't matter.  The problem is that in this case, the Apple ID I did not want to use was the only one that would work.  So now, who sorts that out, Verizon or Apple?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is correct, that the Apple ID that is used when registering should not be an issue, but what happened with the Apple ID you wanted to use when attempting to register the subscription?

0 Likes