Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Appraised Trade In value Scam
pared64

Hello,

I have tried to reach verizon customer services 4 times since last night for about 3 hours of live chat but no one seems to help me on my issue.

For my Iphone X when place the order, i was told that i would get $35.42 for 24 Months but now received email that i would only get credit of $22.91 for 24 months ($300 short compared to what was appraised). 

Device is in perfect condition and the reason that verizon posted the following reason on their website "* Device received is different than device expected." which doesn't make sense as I sent exact same IMEI as I said I would.

I am still in the cancellation period so upon reading all the issues around trade in, i feel that this is just scam and i should go back to tmobile.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Appraised Trade In value Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@pared64

It's sad to hear that you feel that way about our trade-in program, but there's more on this that we'd need to know about first. No one wants to see you go, but who are you referring to that had said you would get $35.42 for 24 months? More specifically, was this a promotion that you saw when choosing a phone, or was it an appraised value for your trade? When any device is received by the warehouse that handles trades, they would provide you with a value based on what was received. If the received device was damaged, that would be listed on the status page you had referred to. The device can also change value based on what information you are submitting for the phone. For example, let's say that you had entered the phone color as black, but it was actually silver - the received phone would be adjusted for the silver color that was received. Do you see anything when checking the status that shows how it was different from what was provided when you submitted the initial info? https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes