Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronomical data charged on my account
dab123

I downgraded from 4GB to 2GB because I have basically stopped using my iPad, except to order Starbucks and maybe refresh FB a couple of times, and within half an hour it had been using up more than 200 MB--which is more than what I have used in a DAY for these past years when I was on 4 GB. I have no background apps refreshing, downloads are only enabled on WiFi, and I see no videos on my iPad. I do all heavy data stuff on my mac.

It's just surprising to say the least that such spikes only occurred when I downgraded my plan.  This is a real problem and Verizon is just exploiting the difficulty of proving this.

0 Likes
Re: Astronomical data charged on my account
Tigerstep

The 2GB plan has been retired. It's 5GB and 10GB now before unlimited. In fact, the 5GB plan should be cheaper than your old 4.

0 Likes
dab123

The response does not speak to the substance of the concern--and I see this pattern of deflection, and push towards higher data plans, as a standard practice of "senior members."

It is also not entirely correct. Though you are correct that the 5GB is cheaper than then 4GB I had, old customers still have access to their old plans, which is why I was able to change.

The issue here however is bizarre spikes in data that push people to get higher plans.

Should not be hard to see what is happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, there! This isn't the experience we want you to have with us, and we're here to help. We'd like to explore this further. We have sent you a Private Note.

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes