I have been a Verizon customer for about 20 years. I am very close to changing wireless companies. The website is confusing, the customer service is not great, and now I was duped at one of their "authorized retailers".
I have some suggestions for Verizon.
1. Make the website more user friendly
2. Make it more clear how changes affect your bill.
3. Verizon "authorized dealers" should not be allowed to put their name as "Verizon" on the store front. The salespeople should have to tell you when you walk in that they are an authorized dealer and not a Verizon store.
4. When signing for purchases, it should not be on a small screen that you cannot read. Important items should be bolded and pointed out by the salesperson.
5. Any claims should have to be backed up with proof. I was told that by having a hotspot there was a promotion that I would save $20/month on my bill. The amount quoted for my total bill by the salesperson was not what showed up online the next day. They should have to show you the numbers, not just sit there looking at their screens. Not only that, the hotspot was not free as the salesperson intimated.
6. Returns of unopened items (even if activated) should not incur a restocking fee. If an item can be activated without opening the box, it should be able to be deactivated as well.
7. Verizon should directly take back items that were purchased at their authorized dealers. Plus, one should be able to return the item at any "Verizon" store or authorized dealer.
Thank you for your time.