Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auto Pay Discount for 5G Home Misleading
nancykosel

I just spent an hour on chat with two different representatives saying their website says I will get a $10 discount if I sign up for auto pay and paper-less billing.  I wasn't getting the discount and yet was enrolled in both.  By contacting customer service I found that my auto pay needs to be on their visa, a debit card or checking account.  It doesn't say this ANYWHERE on the screen where it says I can get a discount for auto pay.  They should change the verbiage to say restrictions apply.  It just annoys me that I needed to spend time contacting them to find out I'm not getting the discount because I'm not using their required auto pay methods!

Re: Auto Pay Discount for 5G Home Misleading
BornTrucker

This isn't the only thing verizon is shady about. They lied to me to get me to change my plan and after telling me my bill wont change, they now are saying they provided misinformation and I have to pay more. They're s c a m artists.

lol I can't use type the word S C A M here. They don't like that we're onto them I guess.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for letting us know about your billing concerns, nancykosel. We want our customers to always take advantage of every promotional offer. Some are detailed on the page boldly, some in the "fine print" and some, such as the one you refer to, are detailed by hovering over or clicking on the information icon. We always welcome the opportunity to provide details up front, so you will not have surprises in billing. 

-George

0 Likes
isoiso1313

I had the same issue. After several hours on the phone with several different reps. First I added a credit card and set up paperless billing. That's when I found out that was not within the conditions. Then I added a bank account. That still did not satisfy the conditions. Then the woman I spoke with today said that 5G Home is not even eligible for the $10 discount! Baloney! From the very beginning everything I read said I could get the discount. They even send me emails saying I should sign up for the discount!! It seems verizon doesn't even know what is and is not eligible. They tried to roll out this service so fast and not update the website with the same logic. It's so easy to print marketing materials that say come in and get a discount! But it's a lot more work to update the website with the same business logic. They seem confused about whether or not 5G Home is mobile or not. The device has a mobile number. I gets its service from a mobile tower. It's just not in a mobile phone, its plugged in to the wall at my house. Seems like they make good on the promises they made to people and give them the discount and not try to change the rules after the fact!

0 Likes
isoiso1313
This is copied from https://www.verizon.com/5g/home/ on 5/18/2022
How much does Verizon 5G Home Internet cost?

Your monthly cost depends on which 5G Home plan you pick and if you are combining it with a Verizon Mobile plan. There are no annual contracts and no extra charges for the Internet Gateway router, taxes, or fees.

5G Home
2 Year Price Guarantee
5G Home Plus
3 Year Price Guarantee Verizon Cloud Unlimited, on us ($19.99/mo value)
$25/mo
when combined with select (1) Verizon 5G Mobile plans and Auto Pay
$35/mo
when combined with select (1) Verizon 5G Mobile plans and Auto Pay
$40/mo
when combined with any other Verizon Mobile plan of $30+/mo and Auto Pay
$50/mo
when combined with any other Verizon Mobile plan of $30+/mo and Auto Pay
$50/mo
Internet only, with Auto Pay
$70/mo
Internet only, with Auto Pay

Prices above include optional $10/mo savings with Auto Pay and paper-free billing.

So there you have it! Right from their own website that 5G Home is eligible for the $10 auto pay discount!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry about the confusion. Please refer to the following link. https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/  -Joel

0 Likes
diligent_consumer

all the issues I am reading about here are the same ones I have encountered.  one-week into being a customer, I spent most of 6 hours on a Saturday on hold waiting to talk to someone who could help me getting AutoPay setup.  I kept getting diff't info on whether my non-Verizon credit card would be allowed, and then I was told that a Verizon card would be allowed.  I kept insisting on talking to a supervisor, and was told one would be available in 45 mins, then 15-20 mins, then immed'ly.  no supervisor ever called back.  I had to explain myself each time to their customer service reps.  more than one of them (out of about 6-8) agreed w/me that the website and the phone rep from whom I purchased the service were inaccurate on the details of AutoPay, but that doesn't really help the customer, now does it?  finally, I called on a weekday, so I wouldn't get what was apparently int'l overload staff to field my call, and I asked for a supervisor, and finally I got someone who would listen, who had experience, and agreed that there were lots of issues w/how the service is being marketed.

on top of all of this, the Verizon LTE router I have is having issues with processing IPSec VPN protocol traffic, which is also part of a separate thread.  am seriously contemplating switching to T-Mobile, as they do not have these types of issues and are not so well-known for throttling traffic as Verizon has been for years.  very disappointed.  website and customer service reps tout it as a great service, and you'd like to think you can rely on what is advertised but indeed Verizon is just not trustworthy, as far as I can tell.  I have only been a customer for 30 days, and I already rank them with AT&T as my worst vendor/customer relationships of all time.