Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auto Pay non-compliance Fee
Kittyblast

So, let me get this straight.  There is a $5 discount for setting Auto Pay, and I have opted not to set this up for years.  But now, I am being PENALIZED for not setting this up by having this non-compliance fee of $20 added to my bill?  Is this supposed to be mandatory now ?  

0 Likes
Re: Auto Pay non-compliance Fee
Doggo
Novice

You get this if you were already getting a discount and did something to disqualify you. Most common is changing autopay method to a credit card (excluding the Verizon Visa) or paying the balance in full early before it's scheduled to draft.

mama23dogs

It depends on what plan you were on. Some of the older plans had no auto pay discount at all. If you switched to a current plan there is a $10 per line auto pay and paperless billing discount. You must pay with a debit card, Verizon‘s own Visa card, or checking account. Credit cards are not excepted to get the auto pay discount. Did you recently change plans to one of the current plans?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, Kittyblast, seeing a non-compliance fee on your bill can be alarming. We do offer Auto Pay discounts. However, you would need to the amount would depend on which plan you're on. (refer to #4) https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/#setup The non-compliance fee is charged when you've used a payment method not included in the discount. You mentioned you've opted to not set it up for years, but now seeing the charge. To gain clarity, did you set up Auto Pay via My Verizon? I want to look further into this for you. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your earliest convenience.

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Kittyblast

I think you all are missing the point here.  The point I am asking here is this supposed to required or not?  A discount implies the OPTION of doing something.  Not partaking in said option negates the discount.  This I am fine with.  But to charge a fee *in addition* to negating a discount for the exact same action feels like a double hit, especially when the FEE greatly outweighs the DISCOUNT.  Once again, one or the other would be fine, but both seems a bit unethical.

0 Likes
Kittyblast

Yes, we did change plans. Yes, I understand there is a *discount*.  What was not fully disclosed is not partaking in said discount results in an additional fee.  I'm fine with not taking a $5 or $10 dollar discount.  But to get hit with a $20 fine on top of that?  Why not just make it clear and say that it's required or else you get charged $25 - $30?  

0 Likes
mama23dogs

@Kittyblast wrote:

I think you all are missing the point here.  The point I am asking here is this supposed to required or not?  A discount implies the OPTION of doing something.  Not partaking in said option negates the discount.  This I am fine with.  But to charge a fee *in addition* to negating a discount for the exact same action feels like a double hit, especially when the FEE greatly outweighs the DISCOUNT.  Once again, one or the other would be fine, but both seems a bit unethical.

I’m thinking you missed the fine print, or don’t understand how the new plans work on every carrier.  The advertised prices include a $10 discount for auto pay and paperless billing. Verizon includes the additional requirement that you pay with debit or checking or Verizon’s own Visa card. I have circled the fine print, and wrote the non compliance line charge in red.  (These are 2 phone line prices)

CF078758-8646-43F6-84E8-9123870FAB6B.jpeg

5 lines or more

9B2EDA52-76DC-4DF9-8081-895D02AD2D23.jpeg

If you also pay late, because you were not using auto pay, there would be not only a loss of auto pay and paperless discount but you would pay a late fee.

0 Likes