Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auto Pay
jmrfromcal

This is a rant as opposed to asking a question. I have had Verizon for years but their continued ineptitude with billing and auto pay support make me seriously consider changing service providers. I have had auto pay for a long time but frequently have issues with bills not being paid on time. I also would like to take advantage of the discount for using direct pay from checking account(s) but get denied and Verizon Support tells me my bank will not authorize the service. I know this is a problem of Verizon services because I use this ability on numerous other accounts with no problems. I am also told by my bank(s) that the problem is with Verizon. Calls to customer support is totally useless as the individual simply mouths standard responses with no technical understanding of what they are talking about.

Re: Auto Pay
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

What are the issues you had with Verizon Wireless for paying your bill? Have you used autopay with them before?

If Verizon is saying your credit rating with them won't allow you to start autopay, it might be worth it to stay off it for six months to a year and pay the bill manually on the same date you want to eventually use for your auto payment date. That way you can double check your bills to verify the amount you pay is stable and your budget works with that payment date. You should aware the auto pay date is usually not the same date as the due date. It is usually a few days before. Unfortunately I can't tell you just how many days before the due date you could select as I have chosen to not use the autopay and paperless billing discount for my personal account. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jmrfromcal,

I'm very sorry you've had such issues with Auto Pay. We want that to be a simple process. That's a big deal. We're glad to help. Do you get some sort of error when setting up the Auto Pay how you prefer? If so, what error do you get?

-Andrew

0 Likes
maqguide

How do I update my Credit card for prepay

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's a great question! You can manage your Autopay settings, including your payment method, by visiting this link and logging in to your My Verizon account: https://m.vzw.com/m/dDBKuV7.

*Michael

0 Likes
danbfarming

verizon has been stealing over a hundred dollars a month from us for a year. every month i have to either sit on hold for hours or spend hours on the support page re-explaining the same situation over and over again. they always say they are going fix it, it never gets fixed. they always say they are making notes so it wont be a hassle, its always a hassle. they said they were going to pay me back for the over charges they gave me like 1/3rd back because it was all they were "allowed" to refund at that time. i had to turn auto pay off because they were automatically stealing over 100 bucks otherwise. id reccomend leaving verizon. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

danbfarming

This is never the way we want you to feel as it is always our goal to provide excellent customer service, and we certainly want to turn this around for you. I will be sending you a private note, please reply to us there.

-Edward

0 Likes