Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auto pay date options
Dee74

I want to set up auto pay on the date my bill is due, which is the first of every month.  When I try to set up auto pay the first is not an option, I can only set up on the 25-29.  Am I able to schedule auto pay for the actual due date?

Labels (1)
Re: Auto pay date options
boringusername

Just set it on the 29th. it'll take 2 days before hit your bank anyway. Did you due date get moved back 3 days yet. Most everyone should have within the last year. maybe your sis just not doing that. When is the end of your billing cycle.

0 Likes
Dee74

With my bank if I set it on the 29th it will come out on the 29th, I called them to see.  I just spoke with Verizon and apparently I cannot change this without changing my due date.  If I move my due date (which I only need 3 days) I will have to pay double device payments for one month.  I am not sure why that has to happen.  I only wanted to set up auto pay to get the $5 per line discount for my 4 lines and make the switch to unlimited.  I let them know this was my reason  to set up auto pay but they were unable to help me.  I will just stay with my current plan for now and pay manually on the first of every month.  Both of us lost out at this point.  Verizon would have made more money and I would have been happier with the unlimited plan.  I guess this is how a 12 year customer gets treated. 

0 Likes
boringusername

Dee74 wrote:

With my bank if I set it on the 29th it will come out on the 29th, I called them to see. I just spoke with Verizon and apparently I cannot change this without changing my due date. If I move my due date (which I only need 3 days) I will have to pay double device payments for one month. I am not sure why that has to happen. I only wanted to set up auto pay to get the $5 per line discount for my 4 lines and make the switch to unlimited. I let them know this was my reason to set up auto pay but they were unable to help me. I will just stay with my current plan for now and pay manually on the first of every month. Both of us lost out at this point. Verizon would have made more money and I would have been happier with the unlimited plan. I guess this is how a 12 year customer gets treated.

So switch it and pay the double device payment for that bill. After that you're good. You'll get it paid off one month earlier. If you want to pay $20 a month more when you have the option not to that's on YOU.

0 Likes
Dee74

Wow, great reply keyboard warrior.  I think the whole point is that Verizon is a service industry.  Also I prefer my money to work for me not for Verizon which is why I take advantage of interest free device payments and can then use MY funds for MY benefit.  Every online bill pay that I have is set up on the date that it is due.  I guess my point with this whole post is that Verizon should allow auto pay to be just as convenient as manual pay.  My other point is that this is a service industry with competition, maybe this is an opportunity to improve customer service instead of causing an inconvenience to someone that wants to pay more each month.

Dee74

I probably should add that my due date is the first of every month.

0 Likes
boringusername

You I'm taking time out of my day to HELP you and you have the nerve to throw insults. Tis is customer to customer forum not customer service. I'm just a customer doing this for FREE and you act rude? Whatever.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Dee74. Your Auto pay payment can only come out of your account from Five days out of when your payment is due. However, you should have no issues with setting up this due date for your Auto pay.

CecileC

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Dee74

Being able to set up your auto-pay the way you need it is important in managing your finances effectively. Sadly the latest the auto-pay date can be set is three days before the bill is due (for processing time). boringusername did provide some helpful information regarding changing your billing cycle. As that would be the only way to be able to push that auto-pay date back. Here are the FAQs on the auto pay for more details http://vz.to/2rR4lrV see #8. I hope this information was beneficial.

Edward_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dee74

Please see my response about changing my billing cycle.  Verizon financial department is willing to change my due date to accommodate me but this would require me to pay a prorated bill which is fine and two device payments for each device that I am making a payment on each month and I was not OK with that.  If there is any flexibility with this that can be confirmed in writing, I would welcome a private message or phone call from Verizon. 

0 Likes