Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AutoPay Discount - Requirement for Bank Info/Debit Card Should Be Changed
m7s

Verizon is the only company I know of that still requires customers to input bank account or debit card information to receive an autopay discount.  My credit card is more secure, offers better fraud liability, and would be just as effective in making the monthly payments to Verizon.  It seems that the company is just trying to entrap customers into applying for its own credit card - pretty unfair.  The policy should be updated to allow for the use of credit cards in autopay.

0 Likes
Re: AutoPay Discount - Requirement for Bank Info/Debit Card Should Be Changed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

m7s, your feedback is appreciated and we will forward your concern to the proper channels. At this time the Verizon Visa Card https://vz.to/3gvVe93 is the only Credit Card that is eligible to receive the AutoPay and Paper Free billing Discount. You can receive the discount if your payment method is set up with a Debit Card or Checking Account.

Learn more here http://vz.to/2vjtjTp  -Sylvia

0 Likes
m7s

Thanks Sylvia, I understand the current policy.  It seems that Verizon is trying to entrap customers into applying for the Verizon credit card - I wonder if it's even legal to be set up that way!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate your feedback m7s and can understand that this may not have been the answer you were looking for. As mentioned, your feedback has been documented regarding the policy and we hope to have changes that will help you in the future. If you have any additional questions or concerns, we are here to help.-Candice

0 Likes
m7s

Filing complaint w/ FCC 

0 Likes