Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AutoPay Noncompliance charge
avelamp

I was charged 90$ for paying my bill earlier than the due day and Verizon calls it as a non compliance charge. After waiting 30 minutes to get hold of a  customer case service executive they just disconnect the call because they dint have an answer to my question. I am with T-mobile for 5 years and never had such a bad experience that I am having right now. Its just 6 months I started with Verizon and I have billing problems every month.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: AutoPay Noncompliance charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sorry to read that you were not given the assistance you need when calling in. We want to make sure that we help you with this concern regarding the Auto Pay charge. Our Auto Pay discount is dependent on the charge being processed the day that it is set up on. If you pay your bill beforehand, you are not following the terms of the discount, and you are charged the discount amount. You can find more information here: https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/

PedroM_VZW

MisterBill2

You have to let Verizon process the autopay. If you pay before (or even make an additional payment after) the autopay, they will take away your discount the following month. If you contact customer service, I have found that they will refund the fee the first time you get it. You can use chat on their website, or via Twitter @vzw_support and them send a direct message. Much easier than calling and no disconnects.

BTW do you actually have 9 lines on your plan?? The discount is typically $10 per line.

Tigerstep

You get charged that if you paid any thing early with a credit card. It's outlined in the terms for autopay discounts.

If you pay early, leave something to draft and only use a debit card. I've been paying my portion of the bill since we switched to unlimited 2 years ago and never got that fee. 

Tigerstep

@vzw_customer_support From https://www.verizon.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/

If you're getting the $5 or $10/month Auto Pay discount and you use a credit card to make a one-time payment online or through the My Verizon app, the removed discount will appear as a charge on your next bill.

You can pay early, just not with a credit card. This distinction needs to be made or else customers will have the incorrect assumption all early payments are not allowed. 

NewOldcustomer

@Tigerstep  wonder if OP will thank you for comprehensive reply and explaining how it works?

I think it was great! 

0 Likes