Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.
Autopay and splitting bill
WESNOR83

Wanting to move family members over to my Verizon account from ATT. I currently have the new unlimited plan. Would it be possible for them to make a payment before the autopay withdraw or can we split autopay some way? Also can credit cards be used or onky debit/bank accounts? Thanks so much!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Autopay and splitting bill
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello,WESNOR83, we would love to explain how the auto pay works for you. You can use a debit card or credit card for auto pay. Either will work just fine. As for the split of the bill, you will have to manually split the bill because auto pay will take the entire amount out of a single card. There is no way to split auto pay. You can have them make a payment before hand on what they owe, that is no trouble at all. I hope that helps!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Sr. Leader

If you are taking advantage of the autopay/paperless billing discount, autopay is via bank account or debit card, i.e.,

***Auto Pay (sign up online or on the phone using bank acct. or debit card) & paper-free billing required to get discount applies monthly as long as paper-free billing and Auto Pay remain active. Without Auto Pay and paper-free billing, add $5/month for single line plans and $10/month for multi-line plans.

The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
dsopher7
If they pay before the autopsy is the amount te
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure that all of your questions are answered.  Can you please clarify what you meant in your last question in more detail?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
bldthrsty79

If one person pays their portion prior to my auto-pay date, will that person's payment change/lower my auto-pay amount?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bldthrsty79, great question. Yes, it would lower the amount to be taken at the time of the Auto Pay date. To learn more FAQs about Auto Pay visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/auto-pay-faqs/

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Whynormal

I see that Auto Pay FAQ says: "If you're getting the $5 or $10/month Auto Pay discount and you use a credit card to make a one-time payment online or through the My Verizon app, the removed discount will appear as a charge on your next bill."

How does this apply when splitting the bill?  Does any credit card payment disqualify the Auto Pay discount or does this only apply if you pay the full balance so that Auto Pay doesn't trigger that month? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us today. With regard to the Auto-pay process in order to get the offer your automatic payment must be processed directly through that process. If you are splitting the bill with someone else it is best to have them pay you their portion of the bill so that the payment is automatically drafted from the account. If this is not done you will not receive the discount. Does this answer your question? 

0 Likes
street81

This seems ridiculous to me.  The billing discount should be applied on the billing side.  Why does Verizon care what payments are made on the account.  Good customer service would be to allow someone to make a payment on their account and then run the autopay, there isn't a process change just a dollar amount change.  Seems like a technology company in the customer service sector could make this happen, especially when you require monthly payments for device upgrades with any promotional offer.