Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Autopay discount invalidated when you pay in advance
guycassie

So i am registered in Autopay with my checking account.    If there is a balance on my account on the 11'th of each month Verizon will sweep the funds.   BUT I (and my family members) all pay into the account on the 1st of the month so generally there is no charge on the 11'th.  In fact we're usually a few dollars in the black.    So everybody should be happy:  I'm registered, it says i have a discount on the website,  Verizon will never miss a payment from me, all paperless, no human intervention.    

So I get a note the other day saying I'll be charged $50 (every month!) for not meeting the terms of the Autopay discount.    On the phone the (second tier) support person tells me I'm 'gaming the system'.   I don't think so at all!    I'm totally on board with Autopay, technically and 'in the spirit of' the goals of the autopay discount.   No late bills, no collection agencies, no paper.

So how can be bring pressure on Verizon to get in line with the spirit of the Autopay discount. 

Re: Autopay discount invalidated when you pay in advance
Vbonk

How is paying ahead “gaming the system”? Getting the payment on time is the whole point of the discount. 

Unbelievable. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Understanding and getting billed correctly is important, and we are here to assist you. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance. We will stand by. -Albert_VZW

0 Likes
guycassie

do you mean in the chat window.  i did try that and it just went around in circles.  what is a 'private note'.

0 Likes
guycassie

ok so i see where private messages are launched.  what address do i send this to -Albert_VZW doesn't work. 

0 Likes