Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Autopay discount?
BOLIVARJSH

Why must I sign up for Autopay to get an additional $5.00 or so off on my bill?     I have been a Verizon customer for a good long time now (2009 I think).    I have spent almost $10,000 in monthly charges and equipment and I think my payment history shows that I pay my bill on time.   I don't like "Autopay"   I don't want to participate and I don't think it's fair that I cant get a discount for being a good customer.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Autopay discount?
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

ALL discounts at Verizon have requirements in order to qualify. This is no different.

The discount you have at Verizon for being a "good" customer comes in the form of not paying a late fee on your bill. I assume you consider yourself a "good" customer because you pay your bill on time and those who don't pay their bill on time you would consider "bad" customers. Those "bad" customers who don't pay their bill on time have to pay an "additional" fee when paying their bill late. In essence, you are receiving a "discount" for being a "good" customer by paying LESS than those "bad" customers since you don't have to pay that late fee. Those "bad" customers don't "qualify" for receiving that discount since they pay their bill late.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

ALL discounts at Verizon have requirements in order to qualify. This is no different.

The discount you have at Verizon for being a "good" customer comes in the form of not paying a late fee on your bill. I assume you consider yourself a "good" customer because you pay your bill on time and those who don't pay their bill on time you would consider "bad" customers. Those "bad" customers who don't pay their bill on time have to pay an "additional" fee when paying their bill late. In essence, you are receiving a "discount" for being a "good" customer by paying LESS than those "bad" customers since you don't have to pay that late fee. Those "bad" customers don't "qualify" for receiving that discount since they pay their bill late.

IHATEVERIZON24

Hi, This is a terrible reply - I good customer that pays monthly should be given the discount if paid before the late date - as done with with your business customer - 2% - 10 day & those that are late do not come into the conversation as a comparison - you could find a bunch of bad examples to make your bad point. I great customer that pays on time is a GREAT Customer. It cost you less to collect your money. Don't try to make it sound as you are doing a favor to those of us that pay on time by not charging us a late fee. 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

It's their company and they can make their own rules.  If you are not happy with how things are run there are a bunch of other carriers that might not require autopay for $5 off.⁰

0 Likes
IHATEVERIZON24

Again - bad answer on your part. 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

This discount has nothing to do with being a loyal customer.  There is too much entitlement these days and a me, me,me  society I tell ya.  It's only $5 so pay $5 more and don't do auto pay.  Been using auto pay a while and its been flawless for us.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes