Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BAIT AND SWITCH WITH TRADE IN
ashash1234

Over the holidays I traded in my iPhone for a $800 trade in credit towards an iPhone 13 that both Verizon support on there app and website and the people in the physical store reassured me I would get (as I was skeptical because Verizon has a tendency to do shady things).

Low and behold 2 month later I check my bill and the trade in value of my phone was $100. Upset I contact Verizon through there website and they tell me there is nothing they can do because it was done through a physical store and when I go to the store they tell me there is nothing they can do because it is through Verizon. I had a 1 hour chat on their app where the rep told me that my phone would be worth $800 no questions asked, but when I ask to go back and see the chats they say they delete them for security purposes lol. It's absolutely a trick and should be illegal.  

I doubt I will ever be assisted properly in this issue and will be stuck paying the full price of the phone and being stuck in a 2 year contract. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE PHONE OUT RIGHT! 

I would highly recommend you never do any promotional deal with Verizon because they will almost 100% of the time rip you off in some way. Just look at the 100 other threads on this exact issue. 

I hope that someone at Verizon will be able to help me in some way but I doubt it will ever come.

0 Likes
Re: BAIT AND SWITCH WITH TRADE IN
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am very sorry for the situation as we always want to ensure you get clear and accurate information. What were you advised about the original requirements of the $800 promotion and why you may not have qualified? What model is the phone you traded in? Was this an upgrade on an existing line?   

-Yale

0 Likes
Re: BAIT AND SWITCH WITH TRADE IN
orion-hunter

I have the same issue. I saw an ad for $800 trade-in offer for my iPhone 8plus on Verizon website, and traded the phone in while buying an iPhone 13 pro max. On trade in track site the phone's appraisal value was shown to be $800. Only $134 of statement credit was posted to my account. After that, I contacted Verizon multiple times for the issue, but was told to wait or they were unable to fix the discrepancy.

In future when people search "verizon trade in" on google, hopefully the issues on this forum and the words "bait and switch" would be the first pages that appear.