Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BEWARE, Promo's offered and not given!!! Another one to add to the list. BYOD
kateemoor

BYOD - bring your own device.  Nowhere online is there a statement that a rebate form is required within 30 days nor did the agent setting up service mention it. 

The promotion reads: $500 via Verizon e-gift card (sent w/in 8 wks). Activation of 4G LTE/5G phone on 5G Get More plan req’d. Device must remain active for 45 days. $500 charge back if service cancelled w/in 12 mos or eligibility req’s are no longer met. See vzw.com/bring-your-own-device for details.

Verizon claims I was sent a text link to the rebate form on Days 1 and 7 after activation however there was a mess with actually activating our lines for well over a week (leaving us without service) so those supposed texts to the rebate form link likely never went through.  I did not receive a prompt in account notifications, on the app and no emails about it as claimed.

I see from other threads that this is an issue not limited to my experience.  MANY people have the same complaints.    I will be filing a BBB claim.  

The agent on live chat thought it was more important to offer me life advice than to resolve the issue, and I quote: 

Verizon Agent: it's been 2 months that you have added the account, if you would have contacted us within 30 days then it would be easier to help you because at some point there is a miss from your end as well and you will need to accept it.

Ummmmm - refer to the above window of 8 weeks and a min of 45 days active service, why would I think I would need to contact them within 30 days???  This type of customer blame is unacceptable.  I have stayed on top of it this entire time.  Customer service agents have sent me in the constant loop of transferring from one dept to another with no resolution. 

This is unethical and Verizon MUST to better.

Re: BEWARE, Promo's offered and not given!!! Another one to add to the list. BYOD
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is concerning to read. I am sorry to learn about the rebate. Did you receive notification regarding the rebate via your My Verizon account or paperwork received?

-Tionna

0 Likes