Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOGO Not BOGO?
acm2008

I signed up with a new account in January, 2021, and had a lengthy chat with an online rep. I saved the transcript. My main goal was to take advantage of their BOGO offer. The rep specifically told me that, after 1-2 billing cycles, any payments towards my second phone would be credited back, and the phone would cost me $0. But after 2 billing cycles, I only received partial credit for the second phone. When I chatted with another rep, he told me the BOGO deal was capped at $700, and I was responsible for paying the difference. Again, the rep I spoke to before I signed up VERY CLEARLY AND SPECIFICALLY said the second phone would cost me $0. The rep I spoke to today simply said he couldn't speak for what the other rep told me.

This is 100% false and misleading, and I can't see how it isn't also illegal. I was flat out lied to in order to make a sale, and now I am paying money that I was not expecting to pay, based on the information given at the time of purchase by a rep.

I have about 22 months left with Verizon. I can assure you all, I won't be staying past that. Really bad what they're pulling.

Re: BOGO Not BOGO?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We sincerely regret that things got off on the wrong foot here, acm2008. We will do all we can to help. Since we will need to access non-public account information, we have sent a Private Note to continue this discussion.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
SherryKW

I had a very similar experience. 

0 Likes
Cyphyr67

I was also less than 12 hours 5 people and at 9:29am there was a BOGO deal but after a half hour all the sudden no deal at 9:59 the deal ended.  I spoke with 2 other reps from 10pm until 12:30am and all these weird problems and crashes to find today same thing.  I am on the New York State hot line right now.  I have all the transcripts from last night until today.  Then to top it off all the sudden I get a pin number change?  Why? Why do I need a pin number change?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is deeply concerning to hear that you experienced issues with a BOGO promotion, SherryKW. You came to the right place to help sort things out. We will need to see some account details in order to resolve this matter. Please check for a Private Note we have just sent you.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am a consumer on a budget, and I sincerely understand your desire to take advantage of a BOGO offer, Cyphyr67. Our resources show that all promotions are subject to inventory and all promotions can end at any time without notice.

Were you ultimately able to process the order with a BOGO promotion?

You mentioned a PIN number change. Were you able to change the account PIN? If you need help, please refer to number 2 under "Create or reset your Verizon Wireless Account PIN" at this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/account-pin-faqs/). 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes