Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOGO Scam!
Pmccauslin

On 9/30/20 I ordered the "Buy one get one free Note 20 5G" the first one was to replace my daughter's old phone (I paid the remaining balance on her old one & kept it) & I added a line for the 2nd one for her fiancé. I was told it would take a few billing cycles for the discount to start showing, which I thought was no big deal. We have a total of 5 lines on our account and have been customers of Verizon for many years, so I'm used to the bill being high and don't pay as much attention as I should since I have paperless billing & autopay setup. I got online today & opened my bill today and discovered I've been overcharged for the past 7 months or so.  $20.83 is all I am being credited for the "free" phone each month. This first pic is of the original line, the second pic is of the supposed "free" phone, yet no discount is applied to it. Someone please explain this to me?? 

Pmccauslin_0-1619049436751.png

Pmccauslin_1-1619049691011.png

I'm getting to the point of DONE with Verizon, it's looking like we may need to switch providers.

0 Likes
Re: BOGO Scam!
Tigerstep

BOGO doesn't mean buy one get one free, it's buy one get one. Sometimes the "get" phone is fully covered. Sometimes it can be half off. Sometimes I can a different amount. This is why it's important to read all the details before signing off on something.

0 Likes
Pmccauslin

I spoke to several reps and made them confirm several times the 2nd phone (new line) would be FREE! They assured me it would be. This isn't the first or even 3rd time I've been deceived by Verizon supposed deals. I would expect a response from a Verizon rep not some random person making assumptions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there, Pmccauslin! We know it is vital to verify the promotions and requirements, this way you can get the best deal, and we would love the opportunity to help you today! Can you please send us a private message to better assist you? 

0 Likes