Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOGO bogus Verizon is another Scam
Leslie63

I purchased a new line and ordered a BOGO Samsung Note 10 - 2 of them.  Hated the one I had and missed the return so I paid off my new line and bit the bullet to get an iPhone.  My bill shows me getting an $8 credit on the new BOGO phone on the other line I had on the account.  That is $199 for a 24month credit of 8$.  What a rip off - Buy One Get One is not 20% off the full ticket price.  Every time I call Verizon I get a rep with a different skill set and they are all missing some part of training.  I have stopped calling in to question why my changes are not in effect 60 days after asking for adjustments as I get billed for making changes each time.  If there is ever a company that has gone from the best carrier in 2000 to the most corrupt in 2020 it is Verizon.  I am going to finish out my contract until it is reasonable to pay off the phones and go somewhere else.  If I need a reason I now have about 15 of them. 

Re: BOGO bogus Verizon is another Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

The last thing we want is for you to be billed incorrectly. We will send a Private Note, so we can dig further into this. BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Leslie63

this is what happened to me after I posted this.  Then I returned the message and got a message no such email address. 

• mailer @ us.khoros-mail  .com
  • hello Leslie63,

You have received a private message in the Verizon Community community.

Subject: RE:  BOGO Bogus Verizon
    Date: 11-10-2020 07:12 AM

When you are available and are ready to receive the support you deserve, please reply here. BrittanyC_VZW

leslie  <[email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]>
    To:Verizon Community

Tue, Nov 10 at 10:15 AM

I would like to know who you are  [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service].   I am looking into Class action law suits now that I can join regarding this matter of the bogus BOGO offer.

Show original message

•  
0 Likes
Leslie63

Amazing how your email address that I replied to is BOGUS as well.   

Now this is a two-fer.  I just want everyone to know that after all the hassle with the BOGO Verizon deal is is $8 a month credit for who knows how long.  That is not what the offer said and I do not have the trasnscripts.  And when you ask for the transcripts you can not get them.  So that is why I need to get into a class action law suit.  I shall continue to encourage you to also fight this fraud and when I find the lawsuit out there - I am sure I will - I will share it here.

0 Likes
jav6
MVP
MVP

@Leslie63 wrote:

Amazing how your email address that I replied to is BOGUS as well.   

The email was just a notification that you have received a Private Message in the Community Forum.  You have to log into the Community Forum to respond to the PM, not by responding to the email.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Leslie63

Thank you for your input - but that address is a firm that handles corporate customer service issues.  However, do you remember that screen that makes loud noises saying you have to contact Microsoft to fix the virus your system now has?  The one where you have to Control Alt Delete?  Well that is what I have learned to avoid and if the person can not identify themselves.... also I did look to the messages in this forum and replied and was immediately given the we need your information and will have access to your messenger and a full typed page of .....  that does not seem to me to be secure.  I will tell you AT&T had a customer service manager call me back after I was so frustrated with the bottom level associate on customer service that she too must have been frustrated to have given my information to the manager who called me back and actually took care of the call and issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out to us and thank you for the screenshot. We want to make sure that you can get the assistance that you need with your account and promotions. Do you still have both Samsung devices? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's check on this BOGO credit together.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes