Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BOGO deal was not a deal
chkim14cell

I upgraded my phone on 4/22 with adding a new line.

The sales person said I did not need to change plan and the credit of about $30 (for the price of S10e) would be on my bill in 2-3 billing cycles.   Until last week which is about 4 months after purchasing, I did not get anything. So I chatted with verizon on line and notified that I did need to change the plan to unlimited.  To fix this, I was advised to visit the store and talk to the manager.

I met the store manager and he offered only $100 one time credit. This is huge difference from BOGO.  I am good with current plan, and if the plan changes to unlimited, I have to pay almost $100 more every month even with the $30 credit.  I would not have upgraded, if I was told. 

This is almost like scam.  Sales person did not change the plan at the time of purchase. She did not change my plan but sold 2 phones and just said 'wait.'  The store would not accept the return of 2 phones either.

I want to keep my plan.  If there is anything to fix this including returning 2 phones, credit of $30/month or anything, I would accept it.  Thanks.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: BOGO deal was not a deal
chkim14cell

This dispute has been resolved.

Executive Office of Verizon Wireless responded to the dipute I filed and has processed BOGO deal on my account. Thank you, Jennie, T!

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/arbitration-and-mediation-faqs/

has a good way to resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TC12

Same thing happened to me. I purchased 5/2/19 and am fighting with Verizon now. seems to be a pattern here, Verizon is clearly operating fraudently!

Gslope3100

I am starting to feel as though Verizon is scamming me at EVERY turn.  I just spent almost an hour waiting to speak to someone about the $450 trade in I was promised when I preordered the Galaxy Note 10+ 5G.  NO WHERE ON THE SITE can you find any information about turning the phone in.  The rep I got sent me a link, the only means of turning the phone in, and they want to give me $275 for the phone I just paid them $541 for after paying over $500 during the course of a year.  

There was no mistake, I informed them what type of phone I had and the pristine condition the phone is in.  I was quoted $450, now I have been lied to after my purchase of the new phone.  I can't stand doing business with an unscrupulous company.  I may be done with VerLieZon.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@Gslope3100 wrote:

I am starting to feel as though Verizon is scamming me at EVERY turn.  I just spent almost an hour waiting to speak to someone about the $450 trade in I was promised when I preordered the Galaxy Note 10+ 5G.  NO WHERE ON THE SITE can you find any information about turning the phone in.  The rep I got sent me a link, the only means of turning the phone in, and they want to give me $275 for the phone I just paid them $541 for after paying over $500 during the course of a year.  

There was no mistake, I informed them what type of phone I had and the pristine condition the phone is in.  I was quoted $450, now I have been lied to after my purchase of the new phone.  I can't stand doing business with an unscrupulous company.  I may be done with VerLieZon.

Did you read the offer?  They are published online for anyone to read.  

The $450 trade in offer requires a new line.  You indicate youre an existing customer.   As a sample readthis one:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-xr/?sku=sku3190243

chkim14cell

This dispute has been resolved.

Executive Office of Verizon Wireless responded to the dipute I filed and has processed BOGO deal on my account. Thank you, Jennie, T!

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/arbitration-and-mediation-faqs/

has a good way to resolve your issue.

0 Likes
AaronL1

I also feel I'v been scammed. I upgraded my phone and bought the same new phone and added a line. Now they are saying I don't qualify for a credit. Not even prorated over 24 months. I've also wasted hours not he phone trying to resolve it. I've been a Verizon costumer for over a decade. Next time I'll choose a different carrier.

verizon bogo scam.jpeg

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Did you read the requirements?   Most people who run into problems never read the offers and did not qualify.  Almost every offer from Verizon in the past year or more have required a newer unlimited data plan as well as adding a line from a competing carrier (porting a number) or adding a brand new number.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure that we set up the proper expectations to avoid any confusion AaronL1. The phones need to be under the monthly device payments to be able to receive the credit. When did you purchase the devices? Were both phones paid off?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes