Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
BUYER BEWARE! - Verizon Upgrade Deceptive Practices
JBM2

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for a very long time. A few months back, I upgraded my son's Samsung Galaxy 2021 Ultra 5G 256GB Phantom Black for a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 512GB Phantom White. Verizon was supposedly going to give me an $800 trade-in for my Galaxy 2021 Ultra 5G 256GB

On 7/11/22 I received an email with trade-in instructions, an order number, the $800 return value and the shipping label. On Monday July 18th at 8:21 a.m. I have proof of delivery at "Dock." It was received by "Return Center." I even received an email from a Verizon representative confirming they have the phone in their possession.

The deadline for the $800 campaign was 8/1/22 and between 7/18/22 and 8/1/22 I kept getting text messages "reminding" me to send the phone back...even though, I had proof that it was delivered.

I called Verizon customer service numerous times. After many, many calls, someone figure out that they were two different order numbers open. Somehow the phone I had returned got attached to another tracking number...but "don't worry," they said, it should be solved in no time. So the support staff canceled one of the orders and created a "Fallout Form" so I could get the $800 credit.

For the next few weeks I spent probably more than 30 hours trying to solve this issue, talking to supervisors, customer support, chat, phone, you name it. They submitted, not once, but twice what they call a "Fallout form"...in other words, the issue should have been corrected in 7-10 days.

October is only two days away....months have gone by and now I am stuck with a $1399.99 bill for a new phone I didn't need to have. My one year old Galaxy 2021 Ultra 5G 256GB Phantom Black phone is gone, they kept it and probably already re-sold it. Over 30 hours of phone calls and chats wasted during office hours trying to get this issue resolved that no one is going to pay me for the time lost.

This is the most deceptive marketing. Their goal is to get you on the hook for the new phone. Keep your old phone. Come up with a thousand excuses why they can't give you the credit and wear you out until you give up.

0 Likes
Re: BUYER BEWARE! - Verizon Upgrade Deceptive Practices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JBM2 Thank you for reaching out here on this platform. I'm very sad to learn you are having so many issues with your trade in. If you qualified, and sent the phone to us within the qualifying time you should get the monthly credit toward the price of your new phone. We have sent you a private message here on this platform.-Dolores

0 Likes