Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: BYOD Rebate scam not being honored since September 2020
Jencase23

@kkw2 Please…..did you ever receive your $300 promotion rebate? We are just starting this process and are due $300 x 3. There was a glitch on one of the lines and they are promising it will be manually over ridden and processed, but I have my doubts. We have had nothing but troubles and still don’t have service on one line (a different one from that glitch). I want to cancel this entire process and go back to AT&T. Verizon appears to be a dumpster fire.

0 Likes
kkw2

Never did. They kept on promising and telling me to call customer service, rebate center, ask for a supervisor. I promise it will get taken care of. We value you as a 15 year customer. All lies. Verizon terrible. All they had to do was credit my account. Now I'm working on transferring all 9 lines to a new carrier. Just paying off phones. I've never dealt with worse customer service unless I include Xfinity/Comcast.  They take advantage of you and want you to move lines over and then they just say sorry it didn't go through. It's so easy to be good at customer service and they fail time and time again. Even through this community thing they contact me and say oh contact us and we can help and then they say contact the rebate center. Rebate center says can't help you. Just horrible!

0 Likes
jaredfaivre

No. And any time a carrier had asked me to swap a sim in the last 10 years (several times now) it has never resolved the issue. 

Happened again this evening. Placed a call around 7ish went through fine. 30 minutes later tried to call back again 4 times the phone sits at "dialing" but never rings, then hangs up. Logged into the router to check - packet capture shows WIFI calling VPN is UP and actively communicating in both directions without issue. Phone agrees it's on WiFI calling.

Had the user try to call me - rang 1.5 times then went to voicemail. I tried to call out 2 or 3 more times and same "hang" at dialing.

I used to have T-MOBILE and started having this exact same problem with their WiFi calling a couple months before it stopped working altogether because they oversold their network and then stuck all the sprint customers on it.

The phone is a TCL 10 5G UW you guys sold me in December. Might want to take a look at the account since I have reported other issues with this device to Verizon and Verizon takes a ticket, then never addresses or follows up on the issue. I think Verizon is attempting to run out the warranty clock so they do not have to support or refund the junk they sold me.

0 Likes
jaredfaivre

As a follow-up...

Nobody from Verizon has contacted me to resolve the issues (on this board or otherwise).

I have NO SERVICE all day today on both the tower and WiFi calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to make sure that your Wi-Fi Calling is working the way you need it to. Is the landline internet connection you are using getting at least 20mbps download speeds, and 10 mbps upload speeds?

0 Likes
jaredfaivre

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We definitely want to make sure that your Wi-Fi Calling is working the way you need it to. Is the landline internet connection you are using getting at least 20mbps download speeds, and 10 mbps upload speeds?

I have 50 down and 3 up. 10 Mbps uplink isn't available from any provider in my entire state unless you buy commercial fiber or stick your server in a colo facility.  Regardless, telephone calls do not require 10 Mbps upstream to work. I operate a SIP PBX for my business and a typical call runs around 24Kbps without video and around 384Kbps with video. 

As previously stated, the problem is not WiFi calling. I'm having the same problem with the local tower when I turn off WiFi on my phone. The only solution is to force the phone to re-register with the network at which point it will work correctly again for a indeterminate period of time(an hour to several hours).

"Knock on wood" the last 2 days the phone has been working properly on both the tower and WiFi. No changes on my end. A VZW rep said there was a known outage 20 miles away from me that could be affecting service. Perhaps that issue has been resolved. Nonetheless, 2 weeks to fix the problem is ridiculous for a wireless device and I would like to see 2 weeks service credit for both lines on my account since I have been paying for a service that does not work. 

WiFi calling is somewhat irrelevant to me. I pay Verizon to provide their own backhaul. Its not my job to provide an uplink to supplement Verizon's towers. I use WiFi calling as a courtesy to both Verizon and other subscribers to offload unnecessary traffic from the Verizon network so the experience is better for everyone. 

BTW: Every.single.time I use the quote function of Khronos (your board software) I get the following message:

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

Fix it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are happy to  hear it appears to be working now and will be standing by anytime 24-7 if  any other issues should appear.  Your feedback is also very important to us and will be submitting this internally regarding what occurred. Thank you for all  your patience in working together with us.  Please reach  out  to  us anytime for  further assistance.  

0 Likes
Re: BYOD Rebate NOT being honored since July 20th 2021
Fattycat78

I’ve been on hold for an agent for almost 2 hours and counting!! My wait time was said to be 31 minutes. Online chat precall won’t populate a call time for schedule ahead unless it’s a make a payment 🙄

We purchased new phones and brought my own 2 devices to Verizon on July 20th, 2021. My rep that set everything up was Michael Ciureleo email: [email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] HE WILL NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS SO NOT SURE WHY HE BOTHERED SAYING HE WOULD!!

We were told after the purchases we’d receive our $1,300 in gift cards by mail in 8-10 weeks. It is now January 11th, 2022. Several calls have been made to customer service regarding gift cards. We ALWAYS get the we will research this and get back to you. No answers have been given and it’s been months! Called today to get answers and a wait time of almost 2 hours and counting is crazy. The online help says enter promo code to track rebates… what code?! We were told we would receive them in the mail, Michael did not give us a code. Phones were purchased on July 20th, 2021. Can someone from Verizon PLEASE correct this. I was with AT&T for 20 years, NEVER did I experience this kind of service. @vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
Re: BYOD Rebate not being honored since September 2020
unhappyatverizon

I am - have been having the same issue.  Different agent every call will get this taken care of!  They don’t.  This one won’t. The next one won’t.  Hours of wasted time.  mine was the Verizon Boyd500unl.  They won’t honor or issue rebates.  It’s just bait to lure you in.  I left Verizon 20 years ago over their billing and CS issues.  Time to go again.  Back to sprint!

0 Likes