Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Back & forth with VZW -- unable to upgrade
hungry2

How to resolve this problem? I am unable to upgrade my device even though I've been eligible to upgrade since October 2015.

I'll briefly elaborate: I tried to purchase a Motorola Droid Turbo 2 DESIGNED BY YOU through Verizon's website in June 2016. For those that may not know, you purchase the phone from VZW & they give you a redemption code to take to Motorola's website and customize the color of the phone, storage size, etc. A month later, I never received the phone and had to cancel the order. Well, now, 2 months later, when I go to upgrade at Best Buy, Verizon reps say Motorola never fully cancelled the order on their side, Motorola reps say that the order is cancelled.

I have gone back and forth with this, over and over, with both Verizon and Motorola via phone. No one is willing to take blame and no one 'able' to fix this. I've had several Verizon reps state that everything appears fine and I should be able to upgrade with no issue.

Until someone resolves this, when I go to the 'Upgrade' choice under the 'My Verizon' tab, it just has my device grayed out when asking me to choose device that I want to upgrade. Again, I have been eligible to upgrade since October 2015.

I have spared you with 95% of the interactions and back & forths, as I've probably called Verizon between 15 to 20 times since this all began June 4, 2016, with NO resolution, and no new phone. Imagine my frustration.

If it makes any difference, I am currently on the Loyalty 2GB plan, and been a Verizon customer since 2009, and most recently tried to do my upgrade in person at a Best Buy store.

Please, is there someone out there with any advice or knowledge in how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

--John

Labels (1)
Re: Back & forth with VZW -- unable to upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

hungry2,

Your time is valuable and it is not okay that you have called us multiple times with no resolution since October. I want to get this resolved for you with me, so you can get your upgrade. Please check your inbox for a message from me.

KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

SSimply put Motorola does not have access to Verizon's billing ststems. If you have the Verizon receipt that shows definite proof that you returned the phone, only a supervisor can fix it. They would after having proof have to override the system. You will not be able to go in the store or even do it Online. The system still thinks you upgraded.

BEst wishes.

0 Likes
hungry2

I never received the phone at all. Due to this, I won't have a receipt.

Please help me resolve this, or have a supervisor contact me, either by

email or via phone after 5 PM Eastern time.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

But you should have the order confirmation and the cancelation confirmation from Motorola. Both together should be the documentation needed to prove your story.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

kathy65793

Its problems like your and countless other that is making me very weary to sign up with Verizon or any of them.When I came to them through Alltel they couldnt do enough for me now that they have gotten so big they could care less where I take my business.I wish you well and hope one of them stands up for you.

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

This is a peer to peer forum. I am not a Verizon employee.

0 Likes
hungry2

Thank you everyone for your input. For anyone that is curious, KatrinaN_VZW was able to assist me and take care of the situation, and I honestly don't have enough kind words to say about her service.

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

SO after the rants you can't fill us in in detail on what was done or how it was done?! Interesting.

0 Likes
hungry2

How it was done? All I know is that companies don't like erroneous information given by their representatives and customer dissatisfaction to be published in a social media format for all to see and comment on, and that I should have came here with any concerns first. It would've saved me numerous conversations and hours of my life spent on hold between VZW and Motorola. I thank all of you for contributing to the attention that my case received.

What I will also reveal is that while other VZW employees did take ownership of my situation, even so far one gentleman going so far as three-way calling Motorola a few weeks ago with me to verify that all pending orders had been cancelled, in the end it was reaching out on this very forum that I was able to successfully get my account in working order and eligible for my upgrade again.

Bottom line is that KatrinaN_VZW took the time to analyze my situation, which was by no means a common one, I'm sure, and gave it personalized and professional attention...again, I spared this forum a TON of situational informational because the intent was not to vent, but to seek a resolution. KatrinaN_VZW was able to initiate whatever account overrides were needed approved to void a pending order between VZW/Moto and all charges credited back that had already been billed (and paid for) regarding a phone that was never received.

TL:DR, all charges were credited back to my account, I'm eligible to upgrade now, satisfied Verizon customer again -- I'll just consult these forums next time I have an issue rather than relying on VZW Chat or Customer Service via phone support

0 Likes