Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Backup assistance online is no longer available
csias400

It looks like www.verizonwireless.com/backupassistant is no longer a site.  I need to back up my contacts on a phone whose screen is broken... so I can't do it from the phone.  I used to do this from the web, but that site is gone...I could hit "sync" and it would do it from online.

I tried to chat with a representative, but they said that I had to switch to Cloud.  But if I try to activate Cloud it says "not compatible with your device."  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Anyone else with this problem?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup assistance online is no longer available
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

csias400, 

We understand how important your contacts are to you. We will find a solution. Can you tell me what model phone has the broken screen? Do you know if Backup Assistance was working on the device?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
csias400

It was a Cosmos 3.  And I had run backup assistance.  Was trying to backup when it died, so I lost the 109 contacts not backed up.  They made me get a smart phone and told me that all contacts would be on  the cloud.  But they accessed the cloud and it said I had no contacts.  So they don't move from one to the other.

I wanted to sync it from my computer to get those last unbacked up contacts, but the backup assistant site is gone.  I used to do it from my browser.

So frustrated with this new technology.

I even bought a 4G LTE phone and took it to the verizon store and they said I could not use it even though it was 4G.  They coudl not override it.  I am hating the new smart phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm sorry you were unable to get the contacts off of the Cosmos 3. Why are you disliking the new smart phone? Were they bacvked up with anything else like a 3rd party? JoeL_VZW

0 Likes