Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bad Data Signal Near in a mile radius of my house
relativityjones

So I've been a Verizon customer for almost a year now and haven't had a single issue using data when I'm near my home and off Wi-Fi. About a month ago, I started having issues. I've been on with chat assistance multiple times, factory reset multiple times and finally was told that my area (a major city) has "congestion issues".

So now I'm stuck paying for a service that I can't use 80% of the time I need it and was told I just have to live with it by customer service. If I was able to return my phone which I can't afford to pay off all at once, I would leave and find another service. Will most likely leave when I've paid it off. 

Tags (2)
Re: Bad Data Signal Near in a mile radius of my house
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello and good day, relativityjones. We'd be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. We do want to make sure that you have nothing but stellar service. You stated that this has been going on for the past month. Have there been any changes to your device when these issues started to happen (new software or new apps)? -Kevin

0 Likes
Alainah87

I live in NJ have terrible data and service issues always two bars no matter what and I have the best iPhone available. However I did learn the data roaming has to be turned on today after 10 months and after an update it might turn off? Who knows. Also apparently there is a thing called Verizon rewards for free stuff every month. Found out today after 10 months 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let us know if you get better data with roaming turning on. We want to make sure you get excellent service. *Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Here's a link to sign up for Verizon Up: m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial. Here's some more information about the program: https://www.verizon.com/rewards/verizon-up/. *Melissa

0 Likes