Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bad customer service
Valeous

I called customer service today to get some help with some changes on my account. Went through all the prompts gave my password to the automated system it let me through and I spoke to a rep. They greeted the call and then muted me to talk to co-workers without notice then proceeded to ask for my password which I gave and then just said no that's too long and then proceeded to tell me they couldn't help me unless I got the last four of the main account holders ssn. I'm authorized on the account and handle the bill and provided my password. Very unprofessional customer service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Bad customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Valeous,

That certainly is not the type of experience that we want to see you have! Yikes! Great customer service coming right up! What type of changes were you looking to make?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
flutterfly8497

Your password for My Verizon won't work. If you're authorized on the account there is a shorter password, 4-5 letters or numbers I think, that you need to get help over the phone. Terrible customer service trying to maintain account security,  right?

Valeous

No terrible customer service for muting me for 30 seconds without notice and not letting me know of a second password and telling me simply they cant help me without a ssn.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Valeous,

That certainly is not the type of experience that we want to see you have! Yikes! Great customer service coming right up! What type of changes were you looking to make?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Leader

If you're authorized and handle the bill then you should know the billing account password. Very simple.

MikeyWade
Novice

The rep was probably muting you while they verified the security polciy to make sure there was no way to assist you without the billing account password, which is why they then gave you the option of using the last 4 of the AO's ssn

0 Likes
Valeous

You can pay your bill, change your plan, order phones, cancel a contract all without it. Seems it is literally only used for calling in so it's quite easy not to know of it's existence. The account holder wasn't even aware. I am posting about my experience, which was bad but it's annoying people keep nitpicking my post. You aren't helping.

0 Likes
Valeous

This was before verification and was very clear as they were laughing as answering and you could hear coworkers chatting with her then muted for 30 seconds as I greeted back. I work in customer service and it felt as they were trying to rush me off the phone which isn't professional especially when the total call length was under 3 minutes.

0 Likes
Valeous

I plan to call back in later today to get my changes but I do thank you for your response.

0 Likes
flutterfly8497

You cannot cancel service without calling or going to a store.  Either way they will need your password.