Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Bait and Switch Promotions? Any Remedy?
PedroJW

I have been a longtime AT&T customer.  I have been exploring joining Verizon.   For the last several weeks, including yesterday, I spoke with several reps all of which indicated that if I switched I would get a certain trade-in value for my existing phone for an upgrade and an additional specific credit for the two lines I would be transferring over.  Based on this information, I decided to process my transfer to Verizon and was given two codes to claim the per line credits and the website to process the trade-in.  Only one of the two codes worked and when I called Verizon Customer Care I was told the information provided to me was not correct and I could only receive one credit and potentially a trade-in promotion.  When I explained that a Verizon agent had given me assurances on the incentives  I would receive (including two different codes to process them) that were material to me deciding to switch carriers and asked if Verizon would in good faith try to remedy the situation--I was told "no" -- it was "take it or leave it" -- and I had 14 days to switch back to AT&T.  This is how my relationship with Verizon has begun--one that I was hoping would be good and long.   Is there someone in Verizon with the discretion and ability to assist with a better resolution?

Re: Bait and Switch Promotions? Any Remedy?
speedbagger

the remedy is to leave verizon.  lot's of other options out there.

same thing happened to me recently and no one at verizon cared.  i'm sure they're also hamstringing their agents--effectively leaving them with little ability to correct any customer issues.

completely unethical business practice that verizon has seemed to embrace.

verizon is now the new comcast of customer service!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@PedroJW ,

It's very disappointing to hear that you feel this way about joining Verizon, as that is not how we would want anyone to be, no matter if they've been with us for 10 seconds or 10 years. You'd shared some information about your issue, but it's not providing us with a clear view of what promotions you are referring to exactly that are causing these problems. We have many different phone promotions and port incentives throughout the year, so if you could provide some specifics as to what phone you are purchasing and trading in, along with what codes you are referring to, it will help us both to better assist you. For example, if you are referring to a port-in promotion that requires a code to be entered here: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/ for example, and you had purchased an iPhone 12 Pro Max using a BOGO promotion: https://www.verizon.com/smartphones/apple-iphone-12-pro-max/ , then we would need to know that. 

0 Likes
PedroJW

Yesterday I sent a detailed email/letter to Verizon providing more information on the issue and experiences referenced.   It is my understanding that the letter was received and has been or will be forwarded to a specific Team at Verizon responsible for fielding and addressing such issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Speedbagger, our hearts are saddened to see that you feel this way and that as truly not our intention. I don't know what is going on or how long it's been since you've had this issue but we want to get this fixed for you. Was your concern resolved? 

-Takendra_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Understood. We definitely want to make sure this is resolved for you, so keep us posted on your results. 

0 Likes
sd47

I had a similar issue with a trade in promotion for the pixel5., when in pre-ordered was told that $350 trade in would be applied when I got my pixel 5 and turned in my old phone. I was told this a number of times and even after specifically asking if there would be any issues and being told all was good (thank God that I saved the chat I'd. )

To being with the tradein would not work and had to open ticket with Vzw to get it sorted and even then was told all was going to ok. when i actually sent my old phone was only given $57 and was subsequently told that I was in the wrong plan and did not qualify for the $350 promotion and that I had to change to the ultimated plan to get the original promotion.  And for the bait and switch that Vzw did I was given $20 credit... This has left a very bad taste in my mouth that a company the size of Vzw can resort to such cheap tactics and get away with it or is it that all cellular companies care not of ethics as long as they make the sale.

9wood

Seems to be a problem lately reported on here past week or so not sure if any got resolved as in got the promotion or trade in promised but many having same issue common things such as no record of your rebate or offer , didn't file in time or other

sd47

The csr told me that it was nothing that I had done wrong.  Vzw too big to care..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

sd47, we are truly sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure all of our promotional guidelines are clear and concise is always important. All of your feedback is truly appreciated and we will forward your concern to the proper channels. 

0 Likes