Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bait and Switch Shady business practices
attilabrizs

Hello,

I attempted to sign up for services on 9/11/2021 through online means. You had a promotion that offered a $500 gift card (Mastercard), a $1000 per phone upgrade trade in (regardless of phone type) and a switch over promotion to assist with contract ($500). That is 3 different promotions going on at once.

I attempted to make the switch over and I saved the chat logs (Transcripts of the conversation) with the agent. She was not able to do it and I called in also to attempt to take care of it. They were all having issues getting it done. I provided everything they needed from IMEI's/Phone numbers etc.. all phones are and were eligible as they were all paid off.

The online rep gave me a reference number so that I can have the promotions honored as I told her I was moving and might be a couple of weeks or so before I can get it done again. She said it wasn't a problem.

I was finally able to order the phones through the store. They arrived and the following happened:

Fast forward time to 10/18/2021. I went to the store to finally get it done and they told me that isn't an issue once we get the account setup to call customer service and they can apply the promotions. 2 lines switched over this day.

on 10/19/2021 the final two phones were ported over and the account was setup. Apparently when I tried to setup the account back on 9/11/2021 they made like 20 sub accounts! That means I have 20 accounts under my name, even though nothing is on them. However, I am getting spam emails for 20 accounts, which I am also saving them as proof. I asked them to please delete them and they said they cannot and I just have to deal with it. Sorry, but that is NOT acceptable.

Today, 10/20/2021 I called customer service to resolve the previous promotions. The agent kept putting me on very long holds without checking back and I have to say hello like 4-5 times before she even says, "i'm still here". No hold music nothing. 

Finally got to the point of getting me over to her supervisor who was even less helpful and was very condescending. I told her what I was told and what promotions I was supposed to be under and she simply said, no, you are not getting them. You only get what is available at the time of the account being activated.

This set me off (I was still professional on the call and I hope you pull the calls). I told her that I have the chat transcripts of the conversation and what was discussed and what I was told in the store etc... I was told it would be honored because this is because of a system issue and I did want to sign up at the time. They even had issues the last two days fixing the account as each phone was on a different sub account. I sat in the store for over 10 hours in the last two days. That is unacceptable, but I was nice and I dealt with it.

I paid off the difference of the phones so that my bill will only reflect the monthly bill total. Now I am being told that I will have to pay for the devices for about 3 bills (which I was NEVER told) even though the phone is FULL paid off (with the upfront that I paid+bill credits for trade in, which still needs to be adjusted and I am owed a refund for also). But I paid ahead to have a clean bill.

I have been given miss-information or been lied to about everything. I switched over because of the promotions going on and now being told that I am not going to get the promotions. This is bait and switch / shady business practices. If it isn't honored, I intend to file a complaint with the FCC and BBB, because that is absolutely wrong. I did everything I was told to do, I signed up in a timely manner when the promotions existed, it wasn't my fault your system wouldn't work. The agent tried 3-4 times which is apparent from the 20 sub accounts I have and still couldn't get it to work.

I am pretty upset and now having to deal with this because of a simple issue that a supervisor at the call center refuses to address and was rude and unhelpful. I already dropped off my trade-ins (They are literally in brand new condition, not a single scratch on any of the phones, as I take good care of my stuff, and they are all in prefect working condition as they verified in the store when I left them there). 

This is a perfect example of bait and switch on a customer.  Apply during a promo, have system issued, tell customer its okay we will honor it when you apply in a couple of weeks because you are moving and then say, nope, we are not honoring anything after the switch took place! This is extremely disgusting and wrong.

I would like someone to please contact me with a resolution ASAP. I will give it until the end of the week before I file the complaint. I have way too much going on and do not want to spend endless hours talking about what is a simple fix. 

Thank you

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Bait and Switch Shady business practices
attilabrizs

The matter of the trade in value has been resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi attilabrizs,

We're sending you a private message to work with you one on one. -Arya

0 Likes
attilabrizs

Please do, as I am royally ticked off. I was just reading other peoples posts on here and it is scary!

0 Likes
attilabrizs

Still waiting on that private message or was that a fib also?

0 Likes
attilabrizs

And another 2 hours go by and still no personal message as promised... the lies continue.

attilabrizs

.... now it's 9:40pm and still no message like promised or reply. This company is a GARBAGE, they do nothing but lie to everyone now. Verizon USED to stand for something... now it stands from GARBAGE and nothing more. 

Worthless company. 

attilabrizs

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are here for you. Please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist. ~Vic

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure we provide you with the help you need, we have replied via private note, for privacy, please continue the conversation on that channel. ~Pam

0 Likes
attilabrizs

The matter of the trade in value has been resolved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes