Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bait and Switch
Spavlat

When I go through the Verizon app to trade in my phone it says “Trading Apple IPhone 5 gets you Apple IPhone 13 for $0.27/mo with eligible unlimited plan.”

I then hit continue and go to the cart and the price isn’t $0.27/mo but is $12.49/mo.

For my wife’s line I do the same process to trade in her IPhone 10 for a 13 512GB and it says $0/mo and when I continue to the cart it changes it to $11.11/mo.

This is considered false advertising & bait & switch which is a violation of the deceptive trade practices act. It is the same as buying a dress at the store that has a price tag of $10 and then when they ring you up at the register you are charged $100.

I spoke to Verizon chat for 2 hrs who then told me to call. I called and was then transferred to customer loyalty. I also went to the Verizon store and showed them on the app. Unfortunately non of these people have the authority to match the price I am being quoted.

Is Verizon going to make good on these quoted prices?

How many other people are having this issue or thought they got the quoted price only to find out it changed after the fact?

0 Likes
Re: Bait and Switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Spavlat, we've sent you a Private Note to better assist. 

~Baldo

0 Likes