Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bait and switch
nothingbutlies

I was looking to deal with a data leak my wife's phone all of sudden had. She never changed any app etc and it started to use data like crazy. I saw i could change my plans to give her unlimited for 50 bucks, and the two other dumb phones for 30 each. I first tried to switch, but it wouldn't let me at that time. I am used to verizons site being wonky during odd hours for paying my bills. I went to pay this month's bill, and it asked me if i wanted to complete the plan switch. I told it sure. I was then reviewing the final plan, and it jacked my wife's line to 70 dollars instead. I went back, and it now wants 55 for her line.  I will let the 5 bucks slide, but not 20.  Copied and pasted first the quote. 

Start Unlimited

$55/mo

Now the bill overview.

New

Start Unlimited plan cost

$70.00

(Oct 07 - Nov 06)

I am not amused with this little bit of bait and switch. 

0 Likes
Re: Bait and switch
12srf12

I had the same data monster eating my data on a grandfathered plan. Interesting...

Also, they got me when we upgraded by not discounting my plan $10. It has to be directly pulled from a debit or checking account - or a Verizon credit card. Anything else and you don't get the discount. I'm less than happy. 

0 Likes
Re: Bait and switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

nothingbutlies,

I'm definitely sorry to see you're dealing with multiple numbers being thrown around. We want to make sure you know just what to expect on your bill. We're glad to look at what this would cost. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can fully assist you. 

-Andrew

0 Likes