Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Being charged a damage device fee when I did not have a damaged device when I sent it back!
Unfairlytreated01

So I have seen that I’m not the only customer this has happened to.  I as well turned in a phone that was malfunctioning with the screen and sound.  I took the phone into my local Verizon store and had a rep look at the device who stated I needed to file a warranty claim and my insurance would not work due to NO physical damage to the phone.  So this is what I did…filed a warranty claim.  The replacement phone was sent so we went back into our local Verizon store tk have the rep transfer phone information who again saw that the phone was NOT damaged and the phone was placed in the box sent from Verizon and shipped back that very day!  I then saw a charge on my next months bill for $299 damage device fee and was told my screen was cracked and now I have to pay!  Again why would I pay $299 and not use my insurance if I knew the device was damaged?!?!  This device wasn’t damaged when I sent it!  I called Verizon and told them to send the phone back…they won’t or can’t do it The fee can’t be reversed due to pictures of the damaged phine attached to my account.  I even told Verizon I’d send the replacement phone back in order ti get this charge off but no…they can’t take the replacement phone back and take the fee off.  This is wrong and I’m going to call the local news station about it!  I have been doing research and I’m not the only person this has happened to! It’s not right! 

0 Likes
Re: Being charged a damage device fee when I did not have a damaged device when I sent it back!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Unfairlytreated01-

I know how important it is to ensure your return is marked as completed without any issues. I would like to look into this further to provide the assistance you need. Please respond to my private message at your earliest convenience.

-Angie

0 Likes