Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Being charged for a device that I did not purchase
linleyseip

I have been charged for a device payment plan, for a device that I never purchased at Verizon (it was purchased at Apple in April 2018, independently and paid for outright), since March 2019. I had a new SIM card inserted in March 2019, and believe this is what prompted the incorrect charge. I have chatted with an associate, called the fraud department and been told to call my bank instead, and have had no luck resolving this. So far I've paid $906.30 total for a device on a line that does not even have the device that Verizon is claiming I've purchased (they said I purchased an iPhone XS Max Gold at Best Buy in March 2019 and financed it to my Verizon bill- this did not happen). 

Has anyone encountered a similar issue, and if so, how did you resolve it? Is there a direct contact group, email address, or telephone number that can resolve issues like this? It says I have made 15 of 24 payments and I refuse to pay for this any longer.

0 Likes
Re: Being charged for a device that I did not purchase
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry to learn of any potentially fraudulent activity associated with your account, linleyseip. I am a consumer too and sincerely understand your predicament. The integrity of your account is a top priority and we have a team specifically dedicated to fraud issues. You mention that you already contacted them and the issue has not been resolved. 

Our Fraud team is the only team with tools and resources to assist you, please contact our Fraud Team again for further assistance. You can contact them at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/fraud/) or you can contact them by phone at 888-483-7200 (they do not have a Social Media Team), their hours of operations are 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ET every day.

AntonioC_VZW

Re: Being charged for a device that I did not purchase
njeancla

I  have had the same issue and I think the fraud occurred in their store.  I have been paying for an Ipad that I have never received.  After months of discussing with Verizon I did my own investigation and found the phone number associated with the Ipad while Verizon could not.  I also wonder if Verizon does not have a wway to track the devices.  I am more than angry at the lack of resources available to fix this situation.  Now I have to pay USD 150.00 to have the device disconnected.