Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Being monthly billed for add ons we didnt add
danbfarming

every month my family account gets billed $105 for 3x 5 gig data boosts that we didnt ask for, didnt select and keep getting auto billed for. i have now spent over 7 hours on hold over the last 4 months trying to resolve the issues, supervisors NEVER call back and the best thats happened is 105 credit has been applied by customer service people a couple of the NINE MONTHS weve been over charged. two of the reps i have talked with have already admitted it is a problem on their end, but i keep getting charged. they even deactivated and reactivated my account to try and "reset" the problem. so far today im going on 3 hours of my time wasted with no resolution except for the last person i talked to said they were "turning off" the data boost features on our account. first time anyone has even tried that, i didnt know it was a option. 

BBB and small claims court i think are my only options. iI can not even imagine treating one of my customers this badly. 

1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Being monthly billed for add ons we didnt add
danbfarming

update: i was contacted by verizon support through private message. i promptly responded and havent heard back for over 3 hours. 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

danbfarming,

Your time is valuable and we would never want you to have to put this much into an issue like this. We're glad to make sure that is solved for good so you stop getting billed for those. I sent you a direct message. Please reply when you can so we can help. -Andrew

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Have you checked your plan and account to verify if you have blocked the ability add data boosts? Are the users on your account using a lot of data? Could it be enough to justify switching to a different plan better suited for your usage?

It does sound like you have an older plan that may not fit into your lifestyle now. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
danbfarming

yes there are users using alot of data, we have the largest plan offered. but we are not selecting the data boosts. verizon support has already told us the issue is on their side not ours. they tried resetting our account to try and fix the bug. it didnt work and we keep being charged. the only real complaint is the back money i was charged, and the fact i keep getting charged every month. the hours and hours every month i have to spend on hold or on support chat just to get them to only reverse the one month of charges with a credit on the following bill. i just want the issue to be resolved and so far i have no been able to communicate with anyone able to do that. 

that being said, today after being on hold for 2 hours i finally was able to get data boosts turned off, but theres still hundreds of dollars of outstanding data boosts that were charged when we didnt even use up our regular monthly allowances. 

danbfarming

update: i was contacted by verizon support through private message. i promptly responded and havent heard back for over 3 hours. 

Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

Largest plan offered? Sounds like you have a shared data plan. Have you considered switching to one of the unlimited plans? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
danbfarming

all the lines are on unlimited plans.  

also, still no response from customer support. 

MoniStar064

I have had the same issue on multiple occasions. It is so rampant I feel anything less than a class action lawsuit, will get this practice to stop! 

I have attempted to fix things myself online, as they want you to do things yourself, so they do not have to pay someone to do the job. Then you are charged a $35 change fee EVERY TIME.  They are making a mint on those fees. Then one has to call to explain that you made changes due to their bait and switch, underhanded practices. 

Verizon used to be a good company, however consumer beware. Be diligent and check your bill frequently. Add-ons, somehow not being placed on the correct plans, and not receiving proper discounts is now their every day practice. Shame on you Verizon. 

Sorry on hold on a call...once again trying to remove an add on I did not authorize!!!!!

0 Likes