Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Being overcharged & Poor customer service
SteveYS1

Hello.

I found out that i'm being overcharged.  I requested Verizon to close an account for galaxy watch.  However,  the account was not closed and has been charged for several months.  I tried to contact Verizon. But the chat never be connected saying there are so many people.  Also,  device discount seems not applied. What is more frustrating is that connecting to chat service is now almost impossible even if I waited for long time.  Has verizon reduced its customer care representatives? I hope I hear from Verizon soon.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Being overcharged & Poor customer service
Ann154
Expert
Expert

To cancel service or remove a line permanently: Call Customer Service at (800) 392-0717, (Mon – Fri, 7 AM - 9 PM, Sat – Sun, 8 AM – 9 PM local time).

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/

If you haven't already, call the cancelation service number at request they cancel that line. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@SteveYS1 wrote:

Hello.

I found out that i'm being overcharged.  I requested Verizon to close an account for galaxy watch.  However,  the account was not closed and has been charged for several months.  I tried to contact Verizon. But the chat never be connected saying there are so many people.  Also,  device discount seems not applied. What is more frustrating is that connecting to chat service is now almost impossible even if I waited for long time.  Has verizon reduced its customer care representatives? I hope I hear from Verizon soon.

We are responsible to read our bills and bring any errors forth in a timely manner.  Carriers give customers a limited time to request any corrections/credits.  If you continue to pay a bill, then the carrier assumes it's correct.  They are providing the service whether you use it or not.   The limit also limits your credits.  
AT&T 100 days.  Verizon 90 days.  T-mo and Sprint both 60 days.  
To cancel a line you must either call, or port the line to another carrier.  (Not chat)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want to make sure everything is correct with this account being closed and the billing.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
SteveYS2

Please check my chat history. I have requested to cancel that account. And the customer representative confirmed that it will be closed as soon as the billing cycle is passed. But that did not happen. Also, it was not properly activated. I have never been able to use the LTE service with the Galaxy Watch device. But still I was charged the activation fee and monthly data charge. Please  refund the monthly charge billed after the date that I requested for cancellation. 

Also, please confirm if I am still getting $25 (or $12.5) discount for Note9 device that was purchased during the Black Friday sale in 2018. It seems the discount is not applied in my billing. Thanks. 

0 Likes
SteveYS2

I have done that many times over chat. Please confirm that with verizon. I prefer doing things over chat because it is easier to check previous service history.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@SteveYS2  Your identity as account owner cannot be proved using chat.  You must either call or go in person to a corporate store to cancel a line of service.   
The only alternative is porting your line to another carrier.  
If you have attempted to use chat to cancel a line, it should not be successful, it's not per Verizon policy.

BTW you mean cancel a LINE, not account.  Canceling the ACCOUNT terminates all existing lines and numbers.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We're sad to see you decided to leave us, and it's definitely worrying to see that you've continued getting billed after requesting to disconnect your service. We are here to help. We've contacted you via Private Message to continue assisting you.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

We're sad to see you decided to leave us, and it's definitely worrying to see that you've continued getting billed after requesting to disconnect your service. We are here to help. We've contacted you via Private Message to continue assisting you.

GeovannJ_VZW

This is getting ridiculous.  @Ann154  Provided the correct information for canceling a line of service (not the account) waaaay back at the beginning of this thread.  She even provided a phone number and times to call.  
   The rest of this is a mess.  The alternates are in person at a company store or port the number to another carrier.  Chat is not an option.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@mama23dogs wrote:

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

GeovannJ_VZW

This is getting ridiculous.  @Ann154  Provided the correct information for canceling a line of service (not the account) waaaay back at the beginning of this thread.  She even provided a phone number and times to call.  
   The rest of this is a mess.  The alternates are in person at a company store or port the number to another carrier.  Chat is not an option.

According to the Suspension FAQs, the customer can't cancel at the store anymore either. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.