Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beware of texted trial period for Premium Visual Voicemail
DML41

Premium Visual Voicemail - I found my last billing went up and no changes were made on the account that I was aware of and I am am the Account Owner.  Found out through Verizon chat the a line (my son) on my account (not an Account Manager - no permissions granted to this line) was sent a text to get a free trial of Premium Visual Voicemail, when the trial period was over I was billed for the service!  My son never responded to the text, did not tell me he got it, maybe never saw it, probably thought it was spam (as I would have), and yet since he didn't opt out, the service started and I was billed!  He doesn't have permissions to change, buy, add etc. on the account, but yet Verizon can send a text to him to add services, and because he didn't respond I am responsible for the charge!  The service was removed, but I was never offered a credit for something we didn't order and didn't use!  Shame on you Verizon.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Beware of texted trial period for Premium Visual Voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having an unexpected charge is a reason to be alarmed. We understand the importance of not being billed  for a service not used. However, the Premium VM subscription is a service that the device user can opt into and must opt of once the trial is over. In order to be billed for the service, the device had to confirm this through acknowledging the offer. To prevent unwanted apps, we can look for way that you can block adding extra services for a specific line. How did you confirm the subscription has been cancelled? -Rita K.

0 Likes